So, my friend's only remaining grandmother died about a year ago and left him 30 grand, even though he barely knew her and talked to her once or twice in his life.

At the age of 19, (well, 18 when he inherited the money) he's using it all for college, mainly because his parents obviously wouldn't want him going around blowing the cash on useless things. (atlhough, he did buy a 1981 malibu classic station wagon with flames on it for 1000, and spent another 1000 fixing it up, but still) and also because....hey, if college is free for you, DO IT. but anyways...

What would you do tomorrow if you woke up to a phone call saying you were going to receive 30,000? Because that's exactly what happened to him.

I'm gonna go ahead and say i would probably use it for college too, but if that wasn't an issue, i have to say i would get an awesome drumset, the exact guitar equipment i want, some home recording equipment, and the rest would pay for bills.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
I'd buy the vintage Rickenbacker in the guitar shop up the street, and use the rest for college.
kill all humans
Something similar happened to me. I inherited $15,000 from my grandfather. I put $10,000 away for college. I bought a macbook and a 6505+ head and Peavey cab and a new guitar.
Well I'm almost out of college, so I'd buy a car.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Maybe 2-3 thousand on personal things, aka bass equipment. Then use it on teh collegez
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
New guitar, new bass, new amp, new bass amp, and the rest is a mystery. Seeing as my parents are paying for my college, aren't I special.
I'm a MAN!
Since college is free in soviet Denmark, I'd probably blow hald on gear and save the other half für ein rainy dag.
id invest it in real estate and let other people pay for my living expenses
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
i would use it to make my 99 s4 a fricken beast!!!!
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Use it for all my university expenses, but then I'd still be left with like 20 grand, so I'd prob buy a two door Jeep Wrangler.
<$3000 on stuff, the rest i'd put towards college and savings to help with rent, etc
signed,
your favorite poster
I'd go back in time and invest every penny of it in Enron.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I'd put a couple thousand aside for random ****. then I'd buy an early 70's muscle car, and fix it up, then several guitars, a bass, new amps. also I'd buy a ton of weed

EDIT: my college is already paid for
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Jan 25, 2009,
I'd spend it on hookers and drugs and die in a tragic FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFM orgy.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'd buy some pedals and other random guitar stuff: picks, strings etc., a bass and amp, a new t.v., a new camera, and a new computer. Then I would save the rest for college.
H e l l o .
Last edited by kitty_teh_fish at Jan 25, 2009,
New amp then put the rest toward college.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Well since i go to college for free[ actually i get paid to go ] I'd just use the money to move out and get an apartment.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by metalminded07
i would use it to make my 99 s4 a fricken beast!!!!

like it's not already a beast?!

i would probably use the money to upgrade my 99 A4, get my guitar from warmoth, and save the rest.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by shredfest116
Well since i go to college for free[ actually i get paid to go ] I'd just use the money to move out and get an apartment.

WAT
Buy a car and throw the rest in the bank. Might be tempted to buy a new guitar and all and probably would :P
I inherited $1000 from my grandma a few years back but my parents only let me spend $100 so the rest is chillin in my bank. Don't remember what I spent it on though.
First, I'd make sure my mom can not touch ANY of it. Then, I'd buy myself a Stingray HH 5-String, a better amp, probably another bass, recording equipment, probably a PA, a pedal..... then, whatever is left, I'd put into the bank...
Holy crap. Think of how many packs of macaroni and cheese you can get for 30 grand. Dude, I wish I had a rich grandma.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by landerson
Bank. 'nough said.

You'd open a bank? That's a cool idea.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by heaven's gate
WAT

Scholarships + Federal Aid. The money totals up to more than my tuition is, so the college has to give me the money at the end of each semster; roughly over a grand each time.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Gamble it all on Black 23. A foolproof plan.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'd spend 5000 on whatever I wanted ( drugs, music equipment ) and keep the remaining for a car.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by shredfest116
Scholarships + Federal Aid. The money totals up to more than my tuition is, so the college has to give me the money at the end of each semster; roughly over a grand each time.

Ah okay, that makes sense.
Hmm.......

I'd get a lotta gear. Namely a Caparison TaT II, a Jackson SL-1 Soloist, an ESP Edwards E-CY-165CTM, a 6505+ half stack, and I'd get myself on the Blackmachine waiting list.

I'm kind of a greedy ****er. I may get my friend her car, though.
Well, I'd say college, but how much of it I actually use depends on scholarships and the like (good grades in GA = hey kid, wanna go to college? ). I'd want to get a guitar/amp, of course, but I'd really want to put it towards something else useful.

Screw it, $1 tacos for the rest of my life
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
$20 000 in bank for university

Other half i would spend $2000 on a new guitar (probably a telecaster), $6000 on a trip im taking next year (to Italy with my school for a month), $500 on a cab for my amp, $500 worth of cymbals (so like two), $1000 on a new desktop computer
Save half of it, and give the rest to charity (What charity I'm not really sure) because I'm just that nice of a guy.
probably long term CD's in the bank. then the money can make some more money. i dont really need it now anyway.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i like the idea of paying for someone else's tuition. since me and my friends are all going to community college where a semester is only about 1500, i would spot them for like a semester maybe, i mean, if they're going through a tough time paying for it like i am now.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.