Strobe-Lites and Lite-Brights - The final version.

Check this out guys, please, I've added a very sweet piano part, and taking into acocunt the few reviews I recieved for it on it's last post, I edited it. This is the final
version, I'd really like some constructive feedback on it, as I put in a lot of effort and time into it.

Gaze In Amazement

This song closely follows the stlye I had going in Strobe-Lites, which I've already said I really liked. Since this is a guitar forum, I understand how you're skepitcal about how unimpressive the guitar is technial-wise in these two pieces, but they're there for the feel, without them, I think the songs would be dead.

The synth, and the drums carry these songs, to me.

C4C and Enjoy.

EDIT: Also guys, please keep in mind that I would like this song to be seen as whole, rather than just the guitar. Sadly I don't really have a good band to work with just yet. These two songs are all completley mine, every track, so, please I'd like constructive crits, at the very least. I'll return them.
Attachments:
Strobe-Lites and Lite-Brights.zip
Gaze In Amazement.zip
Last edited by Gizmo Factory at Jan 26, 2009,
that was REALLY REALLY good. i was expecting some more crap, cuz most of the stuff people post on UG is a bunch of prog metal-core whatever stuff that isnt the greatest music... keep it up. u did a REALLY good job. im impressed
you could've possibly used different chords between songs.

but basically, awesome. there is nothing more I can say. and GREAT use of GP tones. made it sound amazing.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
you could've possibly used different chords between songs.

but basically, awesome. there is nothing more I can say. and GREAT use of GP tones. made it sound amazing.

Yeah man, i do see 100% where you coming from. I did use different progressions however, they were octaves, it's like a signature of hardcore, the style I was going for. The rhythm guitar though with the opens and such, I mean, I'm all about throwing in another little degree to make the chord standout, but in all honesty, to me it just seems like that almighty little powerchord with the octave deal works out well.

Anyway thanks, I try to make the best of GP, when writing. Thanks guys for the crits.
I meant in both you have the Open D5 (I'm assuming drop D, could be lower. )
and then the Bb5 on the 8th fret. not the fact that they were power chords (are any other chords really useful anyways? ) no problem with that though.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jan 25, 2009,
Strobe-Lites and Lite-Brites is incredible. The synth lines are really well written and the piano break nearly made me cream myself.
I can find nothing bad to say about this song.

Gaze In Amazement seems like an extension of SLABL, so I suggest maybe putting them together?

It would be a really cool long song, since they flow so naturally from one to the other.
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Quote by Its_Rock77
I meant in both you have the Open D5 (I'm assuming drop D, could be lower. )
and then the Bb5 on the 8th fret. not the fact that they were power chords (are any other chords really useful anyways? ) no problem with that though.

Oh alright, I see what you mean. The reason for that is most likely because these are both in C# minor, the bottom string is tuned to C# while the others are all down 1 step. I dig those chord changes and especially those two chords as they are like signatures to the style I was going for, of course, I promise, as I get more into this style, there will be much more originality.

Thanks for the crit, man.
Strobe Lights and Light Brites

I quite like the way the chords are, they produce that very heavy tone, and I love the feel of the song, melodic hardcore i'd call it. I really, really like the little piano break before the guitars come back in, now this isn't really my thing but I understand what you were doing, and I think it's a really cool song, I think it almost speaks for itself even without vocals because theres just so much going on, it's so busy and I think the ending as absolutely immaculate, it is just superb

Gaze In Amazement

The intro seemed pretty forceful and quite harsh, so for any other genre it wont have worked, however bearing in mind what you were going for it sounds really cool, again with the piano break, i love it, just the whole arpeggio form is perfect yet again. I think you've done a really good job with the drums, and the bass drum is very adoment throughout. I like this melodic run on bar 113 with the guitars onwards and I think its really good, and I think that you have harmonised them perfectly.

The only thing I'd say about both of the songs is that the piano isn't used as much as it probarbly could be to make them completely awesome. Other than that though, they are great.