http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/249969-clean-boost-effects-loop.html
Using an OD as a clean boost, but on the FX loop instead of the front of the amp.
Does it really hurt your tubes more than just cranking the amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
im not exactly sure how it would work but it sure got my attention. i would love to try this with my b-52 AT-100 and my turbo tube screamer. anyone know anyhting about this?
well, i dont think it will tighten up your sound like it would being put in front of the amp. it would wear out the power tubes a little faster, and give you a bit more power tube saturation i guess. probably not very good for tight metal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well, someone needs to try it. i would but i don't have an OD
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I would think that it would just drive the power tubes harder and give you more volume but I'm probably wrong on that. It for sure won't work the same as in front of the amp though.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I actually do this with a boss OD in my loop. I believe Pepper Keenan from Down also does this. On my Bogner Shiva not my fender. Lol I don't think it hurts the tubes. It just allows me to get better sound at slightly lower volume.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Last edited by Cagney1990 at Jan 26, 2009,
i do it with my Ts9, makes the amp sound fatter, almost more marshall voiced, you loose a bit of attack dynamics when its in the loop compared to in front, but i think it does tighten up the sound a bit. i like it because it gives me two sounds.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg