okay, i just finished my first attempt at building a bass. almost everything works perfectly, except the tone knob. it sounds fine at full, but when you turn it down all the way, it cuts the volume of the bass completely. This is really weird, and i have no idea what is happening, I got the wiring diagram off of seymour duncan's website and its weird
Last edited by Duck In A Hat at Jan 26, 2009,
you can buy another tone pot from warmoth for like $5+shipping
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
sounds like you don't have a capacitor on the tone pot so it acts as a volume pot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, Oneblackened may be right... Does it have any effect on the tone at all when you turn it?

Plus... You made a build? PIC TIME!!!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
There is a capacitor on it, it's wired just like the seymour duncan website says

And yes, it works as a tone pot all the way until the last little bit, then it just cuts the volume.

As for the pics, theyre all on my cell phone, and motorola sucks so you cant get pictures off unless you spend like 30 bucks on some stupid program.

EDIT: You know what, theres a digital camera somewhere in this place, I'm gonna go take some pics
mis placed wire i bet
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'm guessing a stray wire touching something it shouldn't or the capacitor is bad. If your got the cap too hot while you were soldering it then it's very likely that you burnt it out.
Not taking any online orders.
Oh sweet, i fixed it. turns out that the bare part of the cap was touching the copper shielding in the cavity.