A while ago I made a thread on making a choice between 2 guitars and then I saw a few others I liked. Now that I'm more aware of some things I need to look for, I can make a more well informed decision.

I want my next guitar to have no fret buzz and possibly a Floyd Rose Tremolo bar.
For sound, I'd like something versatile but more towards alternative to hard rock.
My price range is up to $500-$600. Does anybody have any recommendations?

EDIT: Most preferably a Schecter, Ibanez or Epiphone
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Last edited by Misticalz at Jan 25, 2009,
if you shop around and play BUNCH of epiphones i promise youl eventualy find one that plays and sounds realy awsome. other than that just get out there and play guitars till one talks to you.
@ Themilkmaker: Thanks, when I brought this first guitar I didn't get a chance to play it (which I kinda regret, but I still like it, maybe b/c it's my first guitar so idk). This time I want to be more prepared when I go in so I don't buy something crappy out of impulse

@ Despisedlcon: Dude, nice suggestions, I looked at all of them and they sound look pretty good and the Schecter in particular seems like the perfect guitar, I'm going to go and try them out soon and see what I'll look forward to when I start working
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

goodhunting misticalz, play as many as you can before you descide thats my advice to you.
Quote by Themilkmaker
goodhunting misticalz, play as many as you can before you descide thats my advice to you.

Will do.

My SG makes a lot of fret buzz and goes out of tune a bit too quickly. Plus, I'm looking to expand my guitar (not collection since I want to play 'em) eh... inventory.

It has a nice sound and I've adjusted the action and the pick ups to sound just as good as I could get it to, but I also want to get something more advanced. The Schecter Despisedicon suggested looks very tempting actually.

Last edited by Misticalz at Jan 26, 2009,