trying to find a guitar with these specs

24 frets, 24.75 scale
mahogany body, ebony fretboard
active pickups, or jb/59 combo. NO EMGS!!!
preferably grovers
tonepros
"classic shape" (lp, sg, strat, exproler, v, etc..)
Set or neck through, no bolt ons
Thin U neck, similar to gibson 60s
price range -1000 to 2000 USD
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by gnomieowns
you could build one in that price range.

yes but that would take a while, and my life is based on instant gratification
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Schecter? I know their necks are a touch thicker, but other than that it fits.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by gnomieowns
well then buy a LP and have it refitted hardware/pickup wise.

im really trying to find a guitar that has all the stuff that i want in it, if i drop 2 grand on something i shouldnt have to tweak it
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
go to the carvin site or a carvin store if there is one close to you and you can get basically whatever you want
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Schecter? I know their necks are a touch thicker, but other than that it fits.

yea i went to a local store and tried out one of those hellraiser v's. couldnt get used to the neck
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Get Blackouts or Livewires. They're good pick-ups and they're active.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
yea i have livewires in my sg and they are amazing, the question isnt about pickups, its about a guitar that has all the stuff i want
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
It sounds as though you are describing an LTD EC-1000. Check them out. I don't know if you can special order one but I would think you could. ie Ebony fret board and JBs The Sunburst has everything but the ebony. Or for more money the real
ESP Eclipse
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Last edited by halfstacked at Jan 26, 2009,
The older EC-1000s had sperzel so I bet they just changed what they are calling them. Th Eclipse Models do have Gotoh Magnums. They are sweet Guitars
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Just get a Gibson.
I bet if someone gave you two of the same guitars with different pick ups you wouldn't notice the difference.

I don't really get what you're saying, you rather just drop two thousand dollars just so you won't have to put "grover" tuners on your guitar... Like it really even matters.

What you want is all Gibson qualified specs. You have the money to get one. No other brand is going to have a more "thin U neck similar to 60's gibson"

Btw, aren't the 60's necks more slim? My dad has a 60's reissue Les Paul and it's pretty flat.
Get one custom built by one of UG's resident amateur luthiers in GB&C. Quite a few of them work very quickly (LP Addict is one of the best builders on the forum. Check out some of his stuff if you don't believe me. I recommend his Tele neck-thru for starters. Beautiful guitar), and you honestly are never going to get everything you want from a mass-produced guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by nan0
Just get a Gibson.
I bet if someone gave you two of the same guitars with different pick ups you wouldn't notice the difference.

I don't really get what you're saying, you rather just drop two thousand dollars just so you won't have to put "grover" tuners on your guitar... Like it really even matters.

What you want is all Gibson qualified specs. You have the money to get one. No other brand is going to have a more "thin U neck similar to 60's gibson"

Btw, aren't the 60's necks more slim? My dad has a 60's reissue Les Paul and it's pretty flat.

Gibson LPs only have 22 frets.. it's easy to replace the tuning machines but it's absurd to change the whole neck and make it 24 frets.. your best bet would be the ESP LTD.. it's got all that you want TS..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I was gonna say a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX but you don't like the necks.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top