ok so i need a guitar that i can travel with because i am traveling all summer. I play mostly sublime, sightly stoopid, sugar ray, jack johnson, dave matthews band, etc. I want a guitar that can do barre chords as easy as an electric guitar. is this a good deal? It looks freaking delicious.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-California-Series-Sonoran-SCE-California-Custom-AcousticElectric-Dreadnought-Guitar?sku=514656
i have almost no experience with acoustic but people here seems to hate fenders, so there must be a good reason..u should look into the under $300 guitars topic (its stickied) too ..
Quote by Aramoni
i have almost no experience with acoustic but people here seems to hate fenders, so there must be a good reason..u should look into the under $300 guitars topic (its stickied) too ..

If you don't have any experience with them, or have no idea what you're talking about, then why the *$#* are you even posting in here?

As far as you saying that you want a guitar that is easy to do barre chords on loudog93, I'm not sure if the guitar is a large factor compared to things like your action, string gauge, and neck thickness. If you want my opinion, Fender acoustics are not the way to go, and I can't get how people like those grotesque misshapen headstocks. But if you want a Fender sound (and it seems like you do from looking at your gear), that's a different story.

On MusiciansFriend it says
"These acoustic-electric guitars have a real electric feel-the "Soft C" neck shape and electric guitar strings make thfender Sonoran guitar a breeze to play." I don't know how electric strings on an acoustic sound, but I have a hunch I wouldn't enjoy the sound. But it seems it has what you want, easy playability.

I'm not going to be like the majority of people here and "recommend" you a guitar to get just because I like it. Instead, I'm going to say what the rest of the people say. If you can, go to a store and try out a bunch to see what suits you the best. Unless you already know the guitar, or don't really care, I suggest against ordering online.