I recently bought a Epiphone Slash Les Paul Standard Plus-Top
from eBay. But i had some trouble contacting the seller, and as soon as i bought the guitar for $470 Canadian. The seller deleted their account. So i was wondering it you guys could tell me whether you think this guitar is fake or the real thing.
Here are some pictures.

URL=http://img206.image[shack.us/my.php?image=guitarlespaul012vd5.jpg]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2468/guitarlespaul012vd5.th.jpg

(Invalid img)

Last edited by spudster987 at Jan 26, 2009,
got any bigger pics? if its supposed to be stock the tuners are supposed to be the cheapo epi kluson copies..
from what i can see it looks legit otherwise, try the SN in guitardaterproject.com also
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jan 26, 2009,
does it have a serial number anywhere cuz if not.. . it doesnt look good
the only thing that looks wierd, although it could just be from the picture, is the Slash on the Truss rod cover
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by F8iscruel
the only thing that looks wierd, although it could just be from the picture, is the Slash on the Truss rod cover

That's supposed to be there it's the Slash signature model
the slash logo looks correct to me, id worry about the grovers, they should be kluson copies, otherwise if the original owner swapped the tuners i think it looks legit to me

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by SynGates14
That's supposed to be there it's the Slash signature model

no i meant it looked really, big and i thought it was smaller
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by T!AN
The tuners appear to be incorrect and I don't believe the back is supposed to be painted black.

your right i think its fake nwo also, the back on his tobacco sunburst should be a brownish stain

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
oh its fake... the tobacco sunburst for all slash models have a brown back, the only black is the outside of the burst on the front.. sorry dude

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Probably fake. I got a good deal on a Epi LP Custom a little over a year ago. Didn't know till long after I'd sold it again that it was a fake.

I love how some people think that no one would fake an Epiphone. Happens all the time.
check the pickups, the back should have something about it being seymourducan alnico II pros
Quote by weezeman
if its fake who cares. as long as it plays well and you like it...

I absolutely hate this response. If I paid $500 for a guitar, and then it turned out it wasn't the guitar that it was supposed to be, I'd be pissed. The whole, "holier than thou," attitude regarding fakes on this forum always disgruntles me.

Anyway, if this thing is actually a fake, just contact Ebay and paypal about it and they should be able to help you sort it out.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I can understand copying a Gibson...

...but an Epiphone copy?
Quote by weezeman

I agree. Looks nice to me?
I'd be more worried about losing the money and never seeing the guitar at this point.
Contact Paypal if you think it's fake. They have a pretty good buyer protection plan.

Like stated above, the serial # should tell the story.
Quote by Grown
I'd be more worried about losing the money and never seeing the guitar at this point.

That be true...
Quote by weezeman

+1
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by weezeman

He did not get what he bought. The seller intentionally misled the buyer. I think I would be upset. It's BS to rip someone off like that. It would be totally different if the buyer posted it as a clone or a copy.
I would say it wasn't bad and keep it if it's a fake if you paid $200.00 or less but you paid big money for a real Slash LP. Contact Pay Pal ASAP because if he deleted his Ebay account he probably will delete his Pay Pal account. You might get your dough back and get to keep the guitar because the guy probably doesn't want to get caught selling a counterfit guitar.

John
Wait, I think your missing a point...The seller deleted his account and you can't contact him. Has the guitar even been shipped? If not then you should worry about even getting anything and losing your money.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Only once in my life I had in my hands a fake Epiphone SG... It was a cherry standard SG and at first sight it looked very nice. The sound wasn't bad, a little bit muddy and dark. However, there were some dead notes all along the fretboard and the worst thing was the headstock logo, saying "Epi" instead of "Epiphone". On the back it said it was made in China, when most nice Epiphones were at the time made in Korea.
This guitar was from a friend and he tried to sold it to me...
So I went for the real thing and got a veeeery nice Epiphone Vintage SG (brown faded), made in Korea.
i bet a guy has bought a slash tr cover to make a qquick buck its prob a standard
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
i bet a guy has bought a slash tr cover to make a qquick buck its prob a standard

it deffinetly looks legit being a standard you may be correct

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO