hey guys, quick question.. what the best way for you or can give advice for tightening up your playing. im not saying im good or bad, but i just feel like i could play things a little more clearly (especially while standing). any advice other than 'practice' or 'get a teacher'? any advice would be very much appreciated... thanks!!
Quote by guitar033
hey guys, quick question.. what the best way for you or can give advice for tightening up your playing. im not saying im good or bad, but i just feel like i could play things a little more clearly (especially while standing). any advice other than 'practice' or 'get a teacher'? any advice would be very much appreciated... thanks!!

Wait, you want us to give you advice, but you don't want to practice? Idk, run through scales in your head, see if that helps.
record yourself playing along to songs. you will recognize your mistakes and work on getting better.
Quote by HIM%(^
record yourself playing along to songs. you will recognize your mistakes and work on getting better.

this,
and practice.

seriously. that's the only answer.
Recording and listening to yourself is probably the best advice that you will hear. Also, educate yourself on all the common bad techniques out there and learn to avoid them while practicing. Each one of those bad habits hinders your playing.
I've found that practicing with an acoustic or through a clean amp does wonders for tightening up my playing.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by HIM%(^

this. you don't realize how bad you suck until you spend 3 hours recording a basic song.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Always practice chord shapes and runs.
No matter where you are, air guitar does infact DO something for you.

you should also realise that it doesnt take a full pound of pressure to produce a note on the neck. Tread lightly, play swiftly.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0