I posted this in the right forum before, but people there were douchebags, so I figured I'd post this in the pit, since I have a better chance of getting actual advice. Before anyone says anything or reads anything, I don't want people saying, "Lolz, bad amp" like in the other thread. I just want some actual advice, because I paid money for this.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole

Anyway, my problem is this: I just got a new amplifier. A Crate FW120H half-stack. When I turn it on, the clean channel is fine. When I turn on the overdrive channel, there's this slight hum, but all is well and good so far.

However, when I turn it onto the high gain channel, it gets really quiet and starts crackling between that sound and the overdrive sound.

Is there something wrong with the amp, or am I doing something wrong?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
There may be bad connection between the cable and the amp. try to open it and look if the thing that holds the cable is properly mounted and if there is a little room between them.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
return it lol get something better no offense i used to have it and it sucked its just the amp it self get a new head
warranty is bootleg too i had mad problems iwht mine
GL
Last edited by shredderkidd at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Lirarn
There may be bad connection between the cable and the amp. try to open it and look if the thing that holds the cable is properly mounted and if there is a little room between them.

Thanks man, I'll try that.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Or yet clean feed doesn't have the problem? so i wouldn't think the connection is faulty.
HAI!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!SPAM! SPAM!
Clean has a slight humming problem, though I don't notice it as much.

Oh.. well then erase what i said.
HAI!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!SPAM! SPAM!
lol, bad amp!

but seriously is it still under warrenty? if so it's their problem!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Lolwut?

Rub some icyhot on it, if that doesn't work call the bear cavalry. Then cum blood
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Lolwut?

Rub some icyhot on it, if that doesn't work call the bear cavalry. Then cum blood

Holy ****.

My amp sounds like a Marshall JCM800 now.

Thanks man.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan

+1
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
it sounds like the switch that you hit to put it into the high gain channel has a bad connection, so it's essentially doing this:

--overdrive------crappy shorted out middle area-------high gain

- - ^ jumping in between ^ these different connections ^

i don't know if you can get at the connection to fix it, you'd have to check. Try fiddling with the switch or whatever it is that changes it over and see if it makes more noise when you mess with it.