Ok so I'm sure it's happened to alot of you before where your headphones, earphones, etc. wires mess up and only play out of 1 speaker. Well this sort of happened with my headphones except it's still playing out of both speakers... and it's only John Frusciante.

Any song I play from Stadium Arcadium has whatever John's doing, guitar playing and/or harmonizing, up front and dead center while the rest of the band is in the background and gargled like their underwater or something. At first I thought maybe it was just playing what would be panned to the left, but this isn't quite true. You'll always hear Kledis on top of whatever's going on on working headphones, but he's pretty much just singing gibberish very quietly now. I'm gonna try recording this to show you guys, but it'll probably sound bad since it's kinda quiet overall.

Anything this bizarre happen to you guys' headphones/speakers before?
X
Try plugging in the headphone jack all the way. That underwater thing happens if you kinda unplug the headphones, and something that has chorus on it will sound clear, and whatever was in full stereo (aka "center") will sound garbled.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

That's cuz ur headphone's are probably not plugged in all the way, your mp3 or whatever is broken, or your earphones are stupid and don't have the second band of w/e to send the other band playin' out of your speakers.

Savvy?
Actually, that shouldn't matter if it's only RHCP doing it.

Did you download a bad version?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

LOL, thats the same thing with me and him too! I have no idea what the deal is, maybe the way they recorded or something. Also, John Butler sounds amazing through them too, other bands either sound crappy or cut out.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by poor_blue_crabs
That's cuz ur headphone's are probably not plugged in all the way, your mp3 or whatever is broken, or your earphones are stupid and don't have the second band of w/e to send the other band playin' out of your speakers.

Savvy?

Their pluged in all the way, my headphones are just broken.
Also it's only doing it with Stadium Arcadium, which I own, and not songs off of their other albums
X
Last edited by yup at Jan 26, 2009,
I have headphones that only play out of both speakers when I enter a game in my zune. Its neither of their faults, the headphones work on other products and the zune works with other headphones. Just when I combine the two, I have to play sudoku. That rhymed.
Quote by yup
Their pluged in all the way, my headphones are just broken.
Also it's only doing it with Stadium Arcadium, which I own, and not songs off of their other albums

No. I don't care how broken your headphones are, they won't always mess up one track and not another. It's either coincidental (you've got a disconnection in the cable somewhere that happens to bug out when that album is playing) or the files are broken. Try different headphones.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

That happened to my old headphones (Sony DR-220, pretty cheap headset). One of the cables was yanked from it's solder and the speakers wouldn't play a certain part of the audio (Everything sounded like karaoke; the middle channel was gone). If you can find out which cable tip is disconnected, then you can try soldering it back.

EDIT: If it's only doing it with a few tracks and the rest are fine, then it should be a problem with the files not the headphones.
Last edited by guyperson at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by SteveHouse
No. I don't care how broken your headphones are, they won't always mess up one track and not another. It's either coincidental (you've got a disconnection in the cable somewhere that happens to bug out when that album is playing) or the files are broken. Try different headphones.

Yeah its fine on other headphones and if i play say Californication its all garbled.
X