So I've recently been getting into blues and cleaner genres,and decided I want a nice strat for the job.The thing is,Fender doesn't make a strat that fits my specs and preferences.So I've decided to build it and buy it piece by piece to spare my wallet some agony.I decided to get the body first and right now I'm looking at this mahogany warmoth body:

So what do you folks think? I'm thinking of pairing it with an all ebony or Brazilian RW neck and some vintage wound DiMarzio pups.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Hey, that looks pretty slick. I'd go for it.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Very pretty. I'd go for it if it isn't that expensive.

I do prefer alder wood though. That's just me though
Quote by neojazzical
Very pretty. I'd go for it if it isn't that expensive.

I do prefer alder wood though. That's just me though

I wanted the mahogany tone for this guitar,I like the weight and meatier sound it has.

It isn't that expensive,about the price of a intermediate korean guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pac_man0123
I think that if you have to ask us you should kindly gtfo

Because it looks sexy and fits your specs. Warmoth makes great stuff. I say go for it.

Oh,I'm going for it.I was just looking for some feedback on it haha.They really do make some nice stuff,but I doubt I'd ever order anything besides their pre-fab stuff since they charge an arm and a leg for finishing and things like that on their custom builds.I have a soloist that I built using their stuff and it's a great instrument.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Feedback eh?

Look at it!

Do you still need feedback now?!

I like the contrast between the dyed top and the natural back.The thing that sucks about Warmoth is that when you find one nice body like this one,there's like 4 more in the same price range that are equally nice.Maybe I should put up my other potential choices and slap a poll on this thread.

Even though you're after a strat, I'd say that it'd be stellar to make that body into one similar to a Suhr guitar, it looks like it couldrank with those anyway, I wish you the best of luck, you best post your steps to it in GB&C
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Even though you're after a strat, I'd say that it'd be stellar to make that body into one similar to a Suhr guitar, it looks like it couldrank with those anyway, I wish you the best of luck, you best post your steps to it in GB&C

Good idea.I tend to forget that UG consists of more than just the electric guitar forums and The Pit haha.

I'm thinking of using something really exotic for the neck.They have necks made entirely out of Ebony and other exotics that don't require any kind of finish so they can just be played raw.Something about the feeling of an ebony board on the entire neck makes me drool haha.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Good idea.I tend to forget that UG consists of more than just the electric guitar forums and The Pit haha.

I'm thinking of using something really exotic for the neck.They have necks made entirely out of Ebony and other exotics that don't require any kind of finish so they can just be played raw.Something about the feeling of an ebony board on the entire neck makes me drool haha.

Haha yeah, it may be an idea, if you do that poll with your options to do it on the GB&C forum, you may get a bit of a better insight over there (only two people have replied here, there you'll get more I'd say).

And yeah, if you can afford it, I would, not sure on warmoth's exotic neck prices though, but as a strat can last forever and have a million tones I'd go all out on it, if you have the moolah of course!
Good luck with it!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Haha yeah, it may be an idea, if you do that poll with your options to do it on the GB&C forum, you may get a bit of a better insight over there (only two people have replied here, there you'll get more I'd say).

And yeah, if you can afford it, I would, not sure on warmoth's exotic neck prices though, but as a strat can last forever and have a million tones I'd go all out on it, if you have the moolah of course!
Good luck with it!

The good thing is with Warmoth you can get a high end guitar one piece at a time,so it's friendlier on the wallet.I might shoot over to GB&C to get some pup suggestions and some cool wiring option advice.

Yeah, much easier than paying a huge load out at once, and yeah, I'm pretty hopeless with wiring myself, I can just about wire a regular strat/HH guitar, but anything more than that and I need to ask about.
looks nice.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\