When I play, my fourth finger (little finger) keeps rising habitually. I've heard that this is not an uncommon problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard (tuned to Standard E)
Dean Razorback DB (tuned to Standard C)
Schecter OMEN-7 (tuned to 7-string Standard B)
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
I was referring to something like drills, etc.
But thanks for the very insightful advice. :P
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
survivalism is right.... do the same drills you currently do... but make your main focus keeping the pinky in check.... and if it isnt working do it slower and slower until you have control then build from there....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Thank you for being a little more specific.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
if it doesnt really interfer wit what ya playing then why pay any mind to it?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Because it'll help me get faster and better.
I can always improve.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 212W
Digitech RP80
I have this problem, but only when i'm playing slowly. I find that when i play fast it sticks nearer to the strings. This is probably because it hasn't got time to stick all the way up. But yeah, do what that geezer up there said ^
I had the same problem. I slowed down most of the things I do and kept a lookout for the pinky. With practice, I have managed to improve my technique a little bit by not raising the pinky from the fretboard so much.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I have a similar issue to what Ikonoklast highlighted:

"I have this problem, but only when i'm playing slowly. I find that when i play fast it sticks nearer to the strings."

I reckon my only advice is just practise going through it slowly and keep practising until you (we) can curb that reflex action. I agree that it is worth working on as you will be able to become a faster more efficient player.

My main problem is that I have trouble placing the very tip of my fourth finger on the strings when playing a scale. At the moment I tend not use the tips and have been managing ok so far but I am going to start practising scales very slowly concentrating on this. It is just a bit demoralising as it feels like I am taking a massive step back as I thought I was "ok" at playing scales.
Vox VT50
Cry Baby Wah
DD-3
Digitech Bad Monkey
This (from UG's Freepower) worked a treat for me. Not the most comfortable exercise in the world, but it did the trick over a couple of weeks.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.