Hey,

I have a serious bat problem, our neighborhood is fed up with them all.
I've heard that bats hate a certain pitched note as it interfers with their communications and annoys them.

We would like to record this note and play it regularly out into the area they are inhabiting.

If anyone is worried about us humans interfeering with the bats natural habitat; This is the first time in 21 years that the bats have been seen in the area in larger numbers than 1 or 2.

I'd like ANY suggestions.

Thanks
Eden
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
yeh you cant do it on a guitar youll need to do some research itll have to be some thing higher in pitch then a dog whistle you know the ones that are so high pitched that only dogs can hear em and just start recording your self blowing on the whistle and thatll take care of em
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Thanks for those great replies!

I was thinking it would be something out of our hearing range. Though I thought I might ask. The aid of a Digitech Whammy might of been enough to bring it up. They hate the trail bikes going by, so my JCM 900 cranked right beneath em might be enough to simulate that.

I did try google before UG, but I had no luck at all.
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Quote by Tommy Walker
Use a slide and go right up near the saddles.

Ahh, thats a very good idea!!!
Quote by ede09
Thanks for those great replies!

I was thinking it would be something out of our hearing range. Though I thought I might ask. The aid of a Digitech Whammy might of been enough to bring it up. They hate the trail bikes going by, so my JCM 900 cranked right beneath em might be enough to simulate that.

I did try google before UG, but I had no luck at all.

But bats love high frequency sounds. If you really want to take them out, find out where they sleep.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Buy/build a theremin
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Jaekae

Its not just getting rid of the bats. I could get the information for that easy. I just wanted to have some fun while doing it haha
I was expecting a punchline and you failed to deliver!

Anyway, the note can't really be replicated on your guitar unless you have some sort of super chain of effects that goes really high and can't be detected by human ears.
doing a high harmonic on a digitech whammy using 2 octaves up? haha

on second thought, that still wouldnt be high enough.

get 2 whammys!
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jan 26, 2009,
Whammy + DD6 + Whammy = win
put the DD6 on infinite repeats. Slow speed. Set the whammys to go up, hit your harmonic then twist the speed on the DD6 all the way up. Walk away and forget about it.
BURN dem bats baybeh!

That's more fun but would rake in a truckload of problems
A dog whistle maybe? Although I believe the freq you're looking for is even beyond that.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Is noone else finding this hilarious? I'm picturing a tree full of bats and some guy below on a trail, with a 300 foot extension chord, just whaling away on a half stack. It'll look like the scene from Batman begins where the bats surround him. He's gonna be guitar batman.