i am playing guitar for 1 year

first i bought the Ibanez package, but now i want to buy the Real things.

and now i have :

amp Marshall 30w
korg AX3G

and i am going to buy new guitar but the problem is that i am new and i heard that there are types of guitars depends on your style ( metal, .......).

i want something perfect for me and i like jerryc style in ( im alright and canon rock ).

i don't know what type of song they are but i want something which will give me these sounds.

i am thinking between one of these:

Ibanez SAS36FM

or

ESP Horizon FR-II

i don't know if they are good or not but i like them.

plz guys help me with the best thing for me because this guitar is going to stay with me for 3 or 4 years.

BTW my budget is ( 400 - 800 $ )
umm you wont be able to afford the esp on that budget

and you'd want the amplifier to define your sound rather than the guitar, id suggest the vox valvetronix cause of its hi gain models and reverb and chorus effects which will get you that jerryc solo tone
Last edited by jimithrash at Jan 26, 2009,
something with a high output pickup.. how about some jacksons or a fender fat strat?.. i just don't know if the fat strat has that great pickups..

the ibanez would be fine but with it's trem, you might want to change to locking tuners after some time.. but then if you're not much a trem fan, you can go for it..

the esp looks a bit pricey.. i don't know how much it costs though.. but hey, jerryC uses an ESP strat-type guitar with an FR..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
thx dude

i think i will go to the ibanez

any suggestions from the others ??
Jackson RR3 or even look a Les Paul Standard. Like the one guy said... you need high output pickups.

***You may consider getting new pickups, much less expensive and will improve your sound dramatically. For example... DiMarzio or EMG.

I've been playing for over 20 years and I would work on the guitar you have.
That is, have your frets leveled and recrowned and throw new pickups in that baby. You'll be surprized.
Quote by crownovercastle
Jackson RR3 or even look a Les Paul Standard. Like the one guy said... you need high output pickups.

***You may consider getting new pickups, much less expensive and will improve your sound dramatically. For example... DiMarzio or EMG.

I've been playing for over 20 years and I would work on the guitar you have.
That is, have your frets leveled and recrowned and throw new pickups in that baby. You'll be surprized.

you mean i buy the ibanez sas36fm and change the pickups and i will be ok ??
Quote by D@rknes
you mean i buy the ibanez sas36fm and change the pickups and i will be ok ??

yeah, i think that's what he meant..
as far as playability is concerned, if you feel very comfortable with that guitar and if your think it would work well for you, then go for it..it's not a bad guitar, IMO..

try out the pickups first.. maybe they have some beauty in them despite being stock pickups.. play it for a while.. if you're not getting the tone you want, that's the time to change pickups..

there..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Get a new amp or invest in a good distortion pedal that will help alot more than getting a new guitar
Quote by billy600
Get a new amp or invest in a good distortion pedal that will help alot more than getting a new guitar

well, he said that he doesn't need an amp.. he said that he wants a new guitar and gave us his top two options..

if i were the thread starter, i would still invest on buying a guitar.. mainly because it would be the one you'll most likely carry wherever you go.. you won't go in a battle of the bands and bring in your own amp.. that would be weird..
but if you're on with band practices, a new amp would be fine to cope up with drums but then, i think a guitar is of greater priority right now..

*cheers*
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
you definately want to dump that marshall mg because thats the worst amp money can buy and get a new amp. you really dont understand what a difference a good amp makes until you hear one. upgrade your amp not your guitar and it will make so much more difference that getting a new guitar, evn with new pickups and all.
rule of thumb: never own a guitar that costs drastically more than your amp. even the best guitars sound bad through a bad amp.
burn the marshall mg, you wont regret it
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
you definately want to dump that marshall mg because thats the worst amp money can buy and get a new amp. you really dont understand what a difference a good amp makes until you hear one. upgrade your amp not your guitar and it will make so much more difference that getting a new guitar, evn with new pickups and all.
rule of thumb: never own a guitar that costs drastically more than your amp. even the best guitars sound bad through a bad amp.
burn the marshall mg, you wont regret it

omg .... do you mean its not good

actually its new i bought this one before one month and i think its nice

i dont have experience but i looked in the internet for reviews and they said its good so i bought it !!
Quote by D@rknes
omg .... do you mean its not good

actually its new i bought this one before one month and i think its nice

i dont have experience but i looked in the internet for reviews and they said its good so i bought it !!

Marshall MGs don't have quite a good reputation here.. but i own one.. hehe.. look at my sig.. anyway, although some may say it's **itty, it's still a step-up compared to the laneys and fenders in the same price range, IMO.. it's just about personal preference, really.. although most people say MGs are overrated and crap, i actually kinda like it.. it suits me and i get the tone i want from it.. it's all about preference..

and don't burn it.. it's still an amp..
*cheers*
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
hahahahahahhahahaha

of course i will not burn it ^^ ...... after all i've paid money for it

but anyway i like it too .....
I'd return it if i was you. Chances are you'll get sick of the tone once you get introduced to amps like mesa boogie and stuff. They're ok but not great and you can get something a lot better for the same price or cheaper even.

If you like thinner necks the ibanez would be good. The ESP will be slightly thicker.
^ he's only been playing for i year.. i think getting 'ok' stuff is the thing for him right now instead on investing on too much for expensive (although very good) stuff.. i mean, he's just starting to play.. let him handle first some low ends so he will know how to take care of more expensive stuff.. you know what i mean?.. like you would not buy a Taylor for your first acoustic guitar.. i think you get my point.. anyway, to each his own.. peace man!
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R