Ok we all know St. Anger was/is a terrible album, but I went back to give it another try and started to laugh particularly to this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42iQZXs23ng.

Anyways so this isn't spam, post songs by bands that are being serious that just make you laugh.
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Man, just listening to that song makes me cringe.

The drums by itself makes it almost unbearable to listen to.

There's no way that can be a snare. I think he might've picked up one of the garbage cans from outside, and is playing that instead.

My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
i can at least respect that they tried to redeem themselves with death magnetic, although obviously they cant recreate their 80s sound. i think they should finish after this tour, and kirk hammet should branch of into Blues, Trujillo should play funk, and hetfield should release a country album. LOL.
Quote by gunther_sucks
I don't think it's that bad. It has a badass riff.

Sweet Amber is where it is at though.

Sweet Amber is really the only song on that album that I can actually listen to all the way through.

EDIT:

Hammett should create his own genre.

He could call it "Wahk".
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

Hammett should create his own genre.

He could call it "Wahk".

lololol
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Please, that riff is badass.

Plus, if you just remember 0, 3, 5 and 6, you can play every song on that album.
You're*
Well, in answer to TS, I'd say any song by a black metal band. They just take themselves far too seriously.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by jdmurrayz
I just found a clip from the song All Within My Hands, same effect as the other song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDZOaeW0sE&feature=related

When I first heard that I hit myself in the head constantly. I think the album could have been OK if they changed the lyrics a lot (choruses instead of 1 word repeated 20 times is nice) and solos. Lars changing his snares wouldn't have gone astray either, but I don't get too bothered by them.
Quote by gunther_sucks
I don't think it's that bad. It has a badass riff.

Sweet Amber is where it is at though.

This. I reckon Invisible Kid has a pretty rad verse; he's just repeating the same thing over and over, but the melody (if you want to call it that) is fking sick. But it sorta falls apart and gets boring.

Sweet Amber is probably the best song on the album.

Everyone's gotta remember that really, this was probably the best mainstream metal album of 2003. It just gets bashed because it didn't sound like Metallica, and Lars forgot to turn that bloody snare on.
Quote by Final !mpact
The drums on Saint Anger sound like trash cans. Or should i say THRASH CANS!

noo... trash cans.. >_>
Quote by thegloaming
i can at least respect that they tried to redeem themselves with death magnetic, although obviously they cant recreate their 80s sound. i think they should finish after this tour, and kirk hammet should branch of into Blues, Trujillo should play funk, and hetfield should release a country album. LOL.

And Lars just never get behind the drums again?
Quote by HuckIt

The thing I don't get about that is if he knows it's a sh*t drum sound why did he go for it haha! Who makes an album and says ''I want a sh*t drum sound on this album!''

As for Invisible Kid I actually like it apart from the ''Ooooh what a good boy you are'' http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I7IFMlLitoE
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by sugar_daddy
I think I'm in the minority of peeps who actually like the album, The Unnamed Feeling is amazing!

That was the best song on the album, but the album in general was poor. Not just the production, but the song writing in general.