Schecter Guitars aside, are there any other companies that offer good, non-crappy sounding split-coil options on their guitars?
by split coil do you mean humbuckers which split into single coils
if so ive got a mad g and l legacy hb
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by T!AN
Pretty much every company has at least one model that has that feature. It isn't really rare...

Yeah, but not every company can make it work well.
well the split coil sounds are one of the things i like about my prs most. i think gibson should try putting it on some of their les pauls cause mahogany+singlecoils is surprisingly good.
Most of Hagstrom has split coil switch. I think...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

look into CORT GUITARS..almost all of they're guitars have coil tap functions..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Always-Ben
Yeah, but not every company can make it work well.
That's mostly to do with the pickups. The coil split function is the same for all companies, it's not like there is any way to make a better or worse coil split feature; it mostly just comes down to how the pickup was made in the first place which defines whether or not it'll be any good when split.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The worst thing about coil tap, it that people go "omgwtf that must be an awesome guitar".
There are bad coil-tap setups as there are bad pickups...

That said, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (08/09 models), Ibanez E-GEN18 and PRS models are all awesome guitars with great coiltap setups
Quit thinking about a new guitar just to get the coil split. INSTALL new pickups and tap the coil as to split it. DiMarzio pickups sound fantastic when split. I have a DiMarzio Evolution in the neck position of my Les Paul with the coil tapped. When its in the single coil position it sounds sweeeeeet!

Bottom line... Look for pickups instead of a new guitar
Quote by MrFlibble
That's mostly to do with the pickups. The coil split function is the same for all companies, it's not like there is any way to make a better or worse coil split feature; it mostly just comes down to how the pickup was made in the first place which defines whether or not it'll be any good when split.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but it also depends on whether it is a good guitar or not. Meaning woods, construction and the like.

Anyway, ts, where do you live? If you're in Europe, Framuses are an option, most of them have that feature.

Otherwise, in many cases it's a good idea to just buy splittable pickups and a push-pull pot or two and install them into a guitar of your choice.
Quote by xFilth
The worst thing about coil tap, it that people go "omgwtf that must be an awesome guitar".
There are bad coil-tap setups as there are bad pickups...

That said, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (08/09 models), Ibanez E-GEN18 and PRS models are all awesome guitars with great coiltap setups
Quote by crownovercastle
Quit thinking about a new guitar just to get the coil split. INSTALL new pickups and tap the coil as to split it. DiMarzio pickups sound fantastic when split. I have a DiMarzio Evolution in the neck position of my Les Paul with the coil tapped. When its in the single coil position it sounds sweeeeeet!

Bottom line... Look for pickups instead of a new guitar

A tap and a split are two different things. Splitting is reducing a humbucker to one coil, a tap is reducing the output of a singlecoil pickup.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
agile. i will say no more
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Cort, nearly every cort has coil splitting.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
[quote="'[= Tom ="]']PRS Mira?

the prs mira is another guitar that sounds GREAT with coil tap. i would honestly take a coil tap prs over a strat. its probably just preference though.