So its that time again to decide where to move next from my current Ibanez Gio, with Roland Cube 60 and Boss Gt 10 for every need...my style is neoclassical metal...and some heavy in between (mostly maiden)

I have two top preferences which are in the same price range (max 700 euro)

Esp Ltd EC-500 Ow (white)

or

Ibanez STM1 (Tottmans model, not because of dragonforce, but because its an iceman with a floyd, also white)

I know that Tottmans has a crappy floyd so maybe i shouldn't even bother, but its an iceman with damn awesome pickups and neck through body, on the other end we have a cool shaped white esp with emgs... and that would really help in shredding, i guess)

Any opinion or recommendation would be appreciated...
damn that's a hard choice. I'd probably go with the ibanez, but if it has a crappy trem I'd stay away from it.
Its not really that crappy, the other model of iceman they have is not so well made, since its Indonesian... and they lack the floating bridge, but this floyd is one of ibanez worsts...
The Ibanez is ****ing awesome looking, but the trem drags it all down. Edge III is crap! I have an Ibanez RG350EX, and I was very happy with the trem for a few months, until I constantly had to adjust it, and retune. It takes a lot of time...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
The Ibanez is ****ing awesome looking, but the trem drags it all down. Edge III is crap! I have an Ibanez RG350EX, and I was very happy with the trem for a few months, until I constantly had to adjust it, and retune. It takes a lot of time...

Yep that gets irritating, after you play a sequence of notes it gets already out of tune...and thats why im choosing a non trem model to consider...
Quote by Knuxus
Its not really that crappy, the other model of iceman they have is not so well made, since its Indonesian...

Correct me if im wrong but seeing as the the ibanez he has put up is not a prestige model it will be built in indonesia aswell and ive played one of the regular iceman and it was put together just fine.

If your used to ibanez Gio's then you would probably be best off staying with the ibane unless youve played the ESP and think its necks more comfortable.

Yes the edge threes are a bit hit and miss but if you get a bit of a dodgy one then just get it blocked, how important would a trem be anyway??

Looks extremely nice - are they EMG-designed or actual EMGs?
do you play rhythm or lead neo classical? if you play for lead i wouldnt go for either, personally, the LTD wouldnt be the best guitar to play stuff such as yngwie malmsteen or jason Becker on, and the Ibanez STM1 looks to have one of those hideous floyds on, and besides, sam tottman uses it so i think it would be pretty embarrasing owning that guitar. If i were you id go for something like a Jackson pro series
"Life is like oral sex, one slip of the tongue and your in s**t"
Quote by matalliam
do you play rhythm or lead neo classical? if you play for lead i wouldnt go for either, personally, the LTD wouldnt be the best guitar to play stuff such as yngwie malmsteen or jason Becker on, and the Ibanez STM1 looks to have one of those hideous floyds on, and besides, sam tottman uses it so i think it would be pretty embarrasing owning that guitar. If i were you id go for something like a Jackson pro series

The only white in the price range, and somewhat white is the DK2M Dinky.. seymour duncans, but i dont have much experience in jacksons...

or an RR3 V shaped... what do you recommend to try?
the ESP LTD looks very promising to me..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Jackolas

Looks extremely nice - are they EMG-designed or actual EMGs?

Actual EMGs 81 and 60...
Quote by Knuxus
The only white in the price range, and somewhat white is the DK2M Dinky.. seymour duncans, but i dont have much experience in jacksons...

or an RR3 V shaped... what do you recommend to try?

Definatly try the DK2M. It's a great guitar, and personally i'd take it over the LTD and the ibanez. But i'm a huge fan of those godly shaped Jackson neck. You might not like it as much as i do.
Anyway, out of the two guitars you suggested in your opening post, i'd definatly go with the LTD. That ibanez is utter crap. I tell you why:
- terrible floating bridge
- The horn gets SERIOUSLY in the way if you play stretched notes on the higher frets (why do you think Paul gilbert uses the reversed version of this guitar?)
- It has a wallnut neck, which is friggin hard to setup right with the trussrod. So the chance that you get a guitar with a bad setup is huge.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Maybe i should change this topic between a this ltd and the dk2m... until i find the Ultimate Guitar!!!

jk...

Yep, ibanez is quite ****ty in this model... too bad, iceman is so unique...

Need to try that Jackson...and btw, how thick is the neck on this ltd?
The ESP/LTD would be the first choice for me.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

That esp is winning over that ibanez, what about against that jackson ... should I create another topic?
Quote by Knuxus
Actual EMGs 81 and 60...

Really? ****ing nice. I would soooo go for that one.