So UG, here's the score. I recently joined a (reasonably) well established band made up of mates and the first gig with me playing has been booked for March 1st.

All fine and dandy apart from the fact that it'll be my first time on stage. And we're headlining a place with 300 capacity. Lovely. I'm not expecting anything special as it's my first gig but I am wary of ruining the band's reputation. Any tips?

I guess it doesn't help that we play a style im not so fond of (rock/emo/techno) and the obligatory keyboard player is an arse. In fact, I'm trying to slowly mould them into playing some real rock & roll that has a keyboard part. His response was to push for an Enter ****ari cover. I've got some work to do

Oh and here's the link for our myspace:

www.myspace.com/stonefreeband

Don't even mention the band name.

And the songs are in Welsh, we're a welsh band... enjoy!

Thanks, R.M
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

"and the obligatory keyboard player is an arse."

LOL johnny two hats from the mighty boosh!?
The gig? Don't worry about it, all you have to do is repeat what you do in rehearsal all the time on a stage. So what if there are some people watching you? The rest of the band watch you when you rehearse and believe me, they are probably more likely to be critical of you than most of the audience.
Think of an audience as an object. It doesn't matter if it's a big object or a little object, it's still just an object, right?
It's still just like playing in front of the rest of the band, but bigger.

As for the rest of it, are you sure you're in the right band?
Go out there and just have fun. Like said before, you're only repeating what you already do at practice. Also, ppl won't notice if you miss a note or not as long as they see you having fun.

Hey, it could be worse... i did my first gig after only being in the band for 2 weeks, i didn't know the songs by name, and my middle finger on my fretting hand was broken and had giant splint on it. Guess what? It was good!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
What's the ****ing point in being a band when it's not fun??
Jeez, I hate threads like this! My advice is, get yourself a band you feel comfortable in and your stage presence will only profit!

But this... this is ****ing ridiculous
Quote by The Axeman
What's the ****ing point in being a band when it's not fun??
Jeez, I hate threads like this! My advice is, get yourself a band you feel comfortable in and your stage presence will only profit!

But this... this is ****ing ridiculous

Agreed.

+1.

etc.