So i've been playing for about 2 months now and i've been having fun learning the various basic chords and such. I can play the song Good Riddance by Green Day and Wonderwall by Oasis and i was kinda looking for songs like those that have a heavy emphasis on the acoustic part (and if the chords are similar that's a plus!).

Also, anyone have any tips on strengthening the index finger for barre chords (when i'm away from my guitar)? I know practice is the number one answer around here, but want to do something when i'm traveling around/at school/etc

Thanks in advance UG!!
Wow, all the suggestions have been great, however i tihnk i'm going to start of with javier's recommendation, Remembering Sunday, jsut because i think it sounds best :P
Quote by cHokemeh
Wow, all the suggestions have been great, however i tihnk i'm going to start of with javier's recommendation, Remembering Sunday, jsut because i think it sounds best :P

Told you it was good .
You and Me by Lifehouse

When You Say Nothing at All by (someone. I can't remember)

You and Me has barre chords in the Bridge and a lot of simple chord changes. Great song! When You Say Nothing at All has finger play and strumming in one.
OO.. i should have added... i'm BEGINNING barre chords, i'm still trying to figure out how to barre the frets properly :P
Trust me, it's a lot easier on an acoustic. Try barring a classical =]. It took me ages to learn to barre a chord. I still can't do it fast or smoothly but I'm getting there.
Official "What Song" thread in the acoustic & classical forum? They don't have the depth of the Beginner song program here but you might find something you like