I've been looking at getting the graphtech LB63 which is a double locking piezo bridge.

I figured that you wouldn't be able to divebomb with piezos otherwise the string would loose contact with the piezo and the signal would cut out. So I emailed them and asked.

This was the response:

The Ghost saddles don’t just ‘cope’ with dive bombing, they handle it extremely well. Ghost saddles feature Graph Tech’s natural compression effect, and do not rely on downward string pressure to activate the crystal. We had a Carvin at NAMM equipped with our new LB63 piezo bridge (replaces a Floyd Rose) and the strings would go completely slack, still at full volume! Yeah, that turned a few heads.

Can anyone who has used it, confirm this?

Is it me or does this sound like marketing BS? Or maybe I'm being too skeptical?
Quote by Ty Quinn
I've been looking at getting the graphtech LB63 which is a double locking piezo bridge.

I figured that you wouldn't be able to divebomb with piezos otherwise the string would loose contact with the piezo and the signal would cut out. So I emailed them and asked.

This was the response:

Can anyone who has used it, confirm this?

Is it me or does this sound like marketing BS? Or maybe I'm being too skeptical?

That does sound amazing, so I understand why you're skeptical. Your best bet would be to look around for reviews, or if they're arent that many, wait around for some.
Yeah, I've looked around at harmony-central and the like, but there really isn't much info. There isn't even that many reviews for the old graphtech products, let alone the LB63.

Does anyone else know about the LB63?
I posted a while back when the ads first came out in Guitar World and didn't get any responses. I'd really like to know about this too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Alternatively, you can email Carvin to request for a list of stores / distributors in your area which carry that particular Carvin and then go give it a try.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Alternatively, you can email Carvin to request for a list of stores / distributors in your area which carry that particular Carvin and then go give it a try.

Ummm no, because the graphtech bridge was RETROFITTED to the carvin. Carvins don't use graphtech normally. The normal piezo options on Carvins are (I think) fishman.
URL]http://www.tyquinn.com
Last edited by Ty Quinn at Apr 18, 2009,
I have an LB63. I'm not sure it's the *exact* size of a Floyd Rose. Plus, I had to move mine back 1/8". BELIEVE me, that's a PITA. Upside? The Floyd seems to work well, and the Ghost system is outstanding. I run mine through a Fishman Aura pedal, and get a credible acoustic sound out of it. No, unlike a Parker or a Wilkinson, the piezos don't lose contact when divebombing. Hey, the string is clamped to the saddle.

BUT, because the saddle isn't steel, there is a thin piece of steel that the string clamps against in that cavity. If you don't carefully file/sand/burnish it EVERY time you change strings, it will break a string, especially the thin ones. Graphtech has been unresponsive on this matter.

Oh, and there aren't any Carvin stores. They sell direct. Aside from the fact I haven't seen the LB63 on any of their instruments.
I think he needed that answer SIX YEARS AGO.

Zombie Thread.

And current LB63s don't have that problem.
And the Variax JTV-89F uses the LB63.