basically im looking at a new amp to upgrade from my SS laney
i have a budget of around £400
i play a wide range of music : Eric Clapton with John Mayall, Cream, Beatles, Led Zep, Eagles and more modern rock like Foo Fighters , RHCP, Muse
these 2 amps look like my best 2 options. i like fact that the peavey has 2 channels but i do have a boss DS-1 so 2 channels isnt completely necessary. also im kinda worried about a trebely pedal (DS-1) and a trebely amp (AC15) but the cleans will be far superior. Please help! thanks
My vote would probably go to the Classic 30, because it will sound better on it's own, and have a bit more gain which is good for the modern rock stuff. An AC15 boosted by a Tubescreamer or some other overdrive would do well too, so it's up to you.

If I were you, I would get the AC15 boosted by a Tubescreamer, but if you don't want to spend more money on pedals, than the Classic 30 is too. If you can, try them both out, and decide for yourself which you like better. They are both great amps!
I also would go with the Classic 30 for the same reasons. It's a solid amp with nice gain.
AL
I tried both f these amps in PMT and I chose the AC15 the cleans are nicer and the overdrive just sounded better than the peavey.
The Peavey Classic 30 is a better choice then the AC15.

I would also highly recommend the Laney VC15 or the Laney VC30.
Both are better then the Vox.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
The Peavey Classic 30 is a better choice then the AC15.

I would also highly recommend the Laney VC15 or the Laney VC30.
Both are better then the Vox.

have you tried the vox, vc30 or peavey classic 30?
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
have you tried the vox, vc30 or peavey classic 30?

Yes.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The Classic 30 is more versatile but to me the AC15 has much better tones. If the range of gain from the AC15 is enough for what you play, and it looks like it is, that would be my choice.
^ +1

An AC15 with a good OD should be good enough. Anyway, have a look at the Laney VC15 and VC30 if you can, they'd suit you well too.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby