I heard a few people circuit bent a BOSS DS-1 to get cool synth sounds.

Other than the DS-1 what other OD pedals would be good for synthy sounds? What about circuit bending a flanger or something? I'm just throwing around ideas at the moment.
uh distortion and over drive wont make your guitar sound like a synth
some things that can get you closer to your goal would be a this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pigtronix-Mothership-Analog-Synthesizer-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=581132
or
there is some kind of guitar synth pedal that I'm not remembering that works really well and david gilmour used to own one (if thats any help)
maybe some envelope filters, ring modulaters, some delay, stuff like that, and an ebow (which are awesome by the way, i love mine) that should get you closer to your goal
^He wants to circuit bend an OD, not buy a synth pedal.

I'd guess that most solid-state (you wouldn't waste a high end tube od anyway) ods/distortions could be made to do anything a ds-1 could.

I don't know what exact connections are made or changed, but I think it would be more difficult to bend a flanger/phaser into anything remotely musical on its own. Plus ODs are generally cheaper.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by khalil1220
uh distortion and over drive wont make your guitar sound like a synth

No shit, Sherlock.

Quote by wiliscool
^He wants to circuit bend an OD, not buy a synth pedal.

I'd guess that most solid-state (you wouldn't waste a high end tube od anyway) ods/distortions could be made to do anything a ds-1 could.

I don't know what exact connections are made or changed, but I think it would be more difficult to bend a flanger/phaser into anything remotely musical on its own. Plus ODs are generally cheaper.

Alright, I'll have a look at some ODs and stuff.

I'd like a second opinion on the modulation - circuit bending thing though. Theres a few Phasers, a Flanger and a chrous pedal at this nearby pawn shop.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 26, 2009,
Get the chorus pedal anyway. Such a beautiful sound..
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Get the chorus pedal anyway. Such a beautiful sound..

Well the plan was to get a good synth sound from the circuit bent OD and throw some modulation at it. Chorus and flanger most likely.
^Well that sounds like a better plan.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb