ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
I pretty sure the 6505 use a din 7 pin footswitch jack like the XXX/JSX. So a normal 3/4 footswich jack won't work.

Something else to consider, when I used to use a pedalboard I always kept my amp's footswitch off the board. Usually next to it off to the side. That way only powered effect pedals were on the board. (Just a thought)
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Jan 26, 2009,
Yeah, I used to keep mine by the side of my pedal board.

Just a thought - perhaps you could rehouse the thing into a small casing? If you keep the loop on all the time, you could substitute the stomp switch with a toggle switch (so you can turn it off if needs be, just not in the middle of a song). That way you'll save space and it will fit.

I rehoused my big fat Peavey VK switch into a small casing, and now it fits nicely in the middle of my board.
yeah theres not many footswitches you can use. Peavey made it like this so you'd have to use theirs I guess. I don't know. I wish it didn't plug in the way it does.
I don't know what the vavleking has probably a standard jack. But the 6505's have this certain type of plug that nothing has really.

The older 5150's had the standard jack. Then they changed it for some reason. I can't think of a reason other than they just want you to use their footswitches.
Is the cable at the footswitch end attached, or does it plug into the footswitch? As in, is there a socket for the cable in the footswitch? You could re-house really easily if you can get the correct connections and the correct cables, and save a lot of space.
Quote by Van Noord
I pretty sure the 6505 use a din 7 pin footswitch jack like the XXX/JSX. So a normal 3/4 footswich jack won't work.

Something else to consider, when I used to use a pedalboard I always kept my amp's footswitch off the board. Usually next to it off to the side. That way only powered effect pedals were on the board. (Just a thought)

+1
Quote by Van Noord

Nope it connects via a 1/4" jack

my main question was because it has two functions into one jack socket

i suppose it could be that the tip changes channel and the ring changes effects loop

if you kno what i mean
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

(actually called Deified)
If it's a 1/4" stereo jack, theres 3 wires. The most you would have to do getting a single switch pedal is swap the cord out for a stereo one and do what you need to with the wires inside.

1 wire sends the power signal to the pedal hooking up to both switches, the other 2 hook up to one switch each. Clicking the switch completes or breaks the circuit.
To use this with a 1 pedal board. Figure out which wire goes to the function you want and hook it and the common wire up to the one switch, as far as the other wire/function, figure out weather it needs to be always connected or always off for the effect you want then either splice it to the common wire permanently or cut it off clean so as not to short on anything.
Quote by peavey6505+user

my main question was because it has two functions into one jack socket

i suppose it could be that the tip changes channel and the ring changes effects loop

if you kno what i mean

It will be a stereo cable, so three signals - Tip (positive), Ring (Negative) and Sleeve (Ground).

The Tip and the Ring signals will change channel and turn the effects loop on or off. Which one is which, I do not know. On the VK switch, the negative switches the channel and the positive switches the boost on and off. Here, I rehoused my VK switch into a much smaller casing, and changed the boost switch to a toggle (because I always leave it on):

Was an easy, fun, and practical build!
Last edited by Mathamology at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by peavey6505+user
Aaah yes you're right.
The 6505+ has the 7 pin cable & jack while the 6505 has a standard 1/4" cable & jack.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
cheers that sound like the best option and ive found metal housings on ebay for dirt cheap

cheers dudes
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal