Some of you may have read the book, Anthony Kiedis' autobiography called Scar Tissue. I'm about half way through it and some time ago I read that HBO is turning it into a TV show. As a huge Chili Pepper fan this is great news. Kiedis is involved in the project, possibly narrating the show and maybe even doing some cameo appearances.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I'm reading it, it's fascinating!
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I read the book a few weeks ago. I came.

EVERYONE DIES

A tv show! :S could go either way really.
drugs and rock and roll music on television?
i'll hear none of this
*kills self*
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
i really wasnt a fan of the book. i felt like it was a bit self absorbed and as a huge peppers fan, i was really disappointed when i lost some respect for kiedis because he just never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

also, the fact that his dad dealt coke to famous bands and producers made me think 'hmm i think that the discovery of the pep's wasnt all 'right place right time' kind of stuff'
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
i really wasnt a fan of the book. i felt like it was a bit self absorbed and as a huge peppers fan, i was really disappointed when i lost some respect for kiedis because he just never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

also, the fact that his dad dealt coke to famous bands and producers made me think 'hmm i think that the discovery of the pep's wasnt all 'right place right time' kind of stuff'

they worked their asses off for 6 years before they were famous, so thats a little off
Quote by hippotato7
they worked their asses off for 6 years before they were famous, so thats a little off

i realise that, but it doesnt mean that it didnt help.

in slash's autobiography, which i am currently reading and enjoying much more, he says that the guy who first signed guns n roses was an old friend, though he didnt know who slash was until he had a conversation with slash's mother. he acknowledges that he knew the person who signed him, and i pay him a lot of respect for not making himself out to be god-like, as i feel kiedis does.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

i wasn't mad about that book, for the first half of i thought it was pretty good, until i realised that he's a bit of a deadbeat and loves going on drug binges on his own. nah, i lost a lot of respect for anthony kiedis after reading that book, admire the honesty though.
Quote by irishman
i wasn't mad about that book, for the first half of i thought it was pretty good, until i realised that he's a bit of a deadbeat and loves going on drug binges on his own. nah, i lost a lot of respect for anthony kiedis after reading that book, admire the honesty though.

i felt exactly the same way.
the way that it was written seemed so fake, as well. he overused phrases such as 'all at once, we....', and he also had no real sense of direction.
while reading the book, i felt as i would feel if i was getting directions from a portable GPS in my car, but it only told me where to turn moments before the actual corner - often i wasnt ready for the things that he was throwing into the story, and as a result, it's a very jagged and somewhat frustrating reading experience.

i much prefer a more flowing sort of story. i'd have liked to know more of what he was thinking as opposed to just what he was doing.

the best that i've read so far of musicians autobiographies has been marilyn mansons.

the ones that i've read are:
slash (half way)
led zeppelin (biography)
ronnie
scar tissue
long road out of hell (or whatever manson's is called)

the only two which i would recommend are slash and manson.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I've been wanting to read that book...but I wanna read a Frusciante Autobiography.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I lost respect for him (not that I had much anyway, since I hate frat rock with a passion) after they claimed Buckethead didn't have enough funk in his system. To hell with that. Just because he doesn't have half the gross funky rashes that Anthony has from all his casual sexual encounters with sluts, doesn't mean that he is less versed in funk.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
ill watch if they are still wearing the socks.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by instagata0
i felt exactly the same way.
the way that it was written seemed so fake, as well. he overused phrases such as 'all at once, we....', and he also had no real sense of direction.
while reading the book, i felt as i would feel if i was getting directions from a portable GPS in my car, but it only told me where to turn moments before the actual corner - often i wasnt ready for the things that he was throwing into the story, and as a result, it's a very jagged and somewhat frustrating reading experience.

i much prefer a more flowing sort of story. i'd have liked to know more of what he was thinking as opposed to just what he was doing.

the best that i've read so far of musicians autobiographies has been marilyn mansons.

the ones that i've read are:
slash (half way)
led zeppelin (biography)
ronnie
scar tissue
long road out of hell (or whatever manson's is called)

the only two which i would recommend are slash and manson.

I don't enjoy his music, but I read Manson's bio one summer (at christian camp ) and it was very entertaining. I don't care if even half of it is true, because that isnt really the point of Manson anyway, but it was a damn good read.
I read his autobiography, it was an ok read, but I'm pretty sure he invented a lot to put a twist to the book.
Quote by cooper512
+1 to the Frusciante autobiography idea. That will be like the Bible 2.

No it won't.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.