are there any guitars with real dimarzio pickups under 1000$ as stock?
Gibson les Paul studio
Schecter hellraiser C-1 FR 2008
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
ibanez xiphos is the 1st that pops into my head
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by guynaa
are there any guitars with real dimarzio pickups under 1000$ as stock?

Most Ibanez's?
Sunburst ESP LTD EC-1000s do. Most high-end LTDs do i think, or else they have Duncans.
Quote by ibrahimasood
Most Ibanez's?

No, most ibanez guitars have crappy homemade fake dimarzio's. Compare it to the duncan designed pickups that Jackson put in their X-series. Not useless, but FAR from great.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
No, most ibanez guitars have crappy homemade fake dimarzio's. Compare it to the duncan designed pickups that Jackson put in their X-series. Not useless, but FAR from great.

Quote by dimarzio website
DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups
The DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups in the Ibanez RG2120 and RG2570EX are specifically designed and manufactured by DiMarzio® for Ibanez, and they are not available separately. Like all DiMarzio® pickups, they are made in our New York factory. Both neck and bridge pickups are high-output models. The neck pickup is fairly bright-sounding, similar to a Super 2™ (DP104). The bridge pickup is a little louder and warmer-sounding, and resembles a cross between the Steve Morse Bridge Model™ (DP200) and the Super Distortion® (DP100). The R1 single-coil is warmer-sounding than a typical vintage single-coil, and was designed to work well with the neck and bridge humbuckers when they are in split mode. It has a sound similar to that of the HS-2™ in split-coil mode.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^^"The pickups are usually configured as HSH or HH. There are IBZ Infinity, IBZ Powersound, IBZ Seymour Duncan or IBZ-EMG pickups in the RG Tremolo and Fixed series. The Prestige series typically comes equipped with either the IBZ V7/S7/V8 series, IBZ DiMarzio pickups, Non-OEM DiMarzio pickups in different configurations (most often the ToneZone and Air Norton), active EMGs in several configurations, and one model comes equipped with Non-OEM Seymour Duncans."

You can see that there are ibanez guitars with IBZ DiMarzio's, with non OEM-DiMarzio's, with IBZ Seymour Duncans and non-OEM seymour Duncans.
The IBZ SD's are the duncan designed ones, the very same Jackson uses for their X-series, and they are comparable to the IBZ DiMarzio's regarding quality.

I dont know what you are trying to prove with your post...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
All 09 upper range Ibanez' got Tone Zone + Blue Velvet + Paf Pro
Last edited by xFilth at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
^^"The pickups are usually configured as HSH or HH. There are IBZ Infinity, IBZ Powersound, IBZ Seymour Duncan or IBZ-EMG pickups in the RG Tremolo and Fixed series. The Prestige series typically comes equipped with either the IBZ V7/S7/V8 series, IBZ DiMarzio pickups, Non-OEM DiMarzio pickups in different configurations (most often the ToneZone and Air Norton), active EMGs in several configurations, and one model comes equipped with Non-OEM Seymour Duncans."

You can see that there are ibanez guitars with IBZ DiMarzio's, with non OEM-DiMarzio's, with IBZ Seymour Duncans and non-OEM seymour Duncans.
The IBZ SD's are the duncan designed ones, the very same Jackson uses for their X-series, and they are comparable to the IBZ DiMarzio's regarding quality.

I dont know what you are trying to prove with your post...

non OEM dimarzios mean proper dimarzios. The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are made by dimarzio in their new york factory.

I was saying that they're made by dimarzio in the same factory as their other ones so they're hardly homemade crappy fakes.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 26, 2009,
The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are very decent for stock pickups, only the V7, S1 and V8 which are found in lower end 'nezes are crappy
Quote by Lemoninfluence
non OEM dimarzios mean proper dimarzios. The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are made by dimarzio in their new york factory.

I was saying that they're made by dimarzio in the same factory as their other ones so they're hardly homemade crappy fakes.

Yeah, i exagerated there, thats true, but my point was that the topicstarter asked for proper DiMarzio's and someone replied that almost all ibanez guitars had them, which isnt true.
And you also cant deny that real DiMarzio's are alot better then the IBZ ones.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by ibrahimasood
Most Ibanez's?

they are all "design by ..."
that sucks.

and i am looking for ones who i don't need to waste money on pickups i would throw away (btw when they come in stock the would add less money to the total price because the company would buy bulks of them).

so far i haven't seen any guitar.
is there something with real dimarzio's(not design by or oem)?
it doesn't have to be ibanez btw.
Gibson les Paul studio
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
Last edited by guynaa at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by guynaa
they are all "design by ..."
that sucks.

and i am looking for ones who i don't need to waste money on pickups i would throw away (btw when they come in stock the would add less money to the total price because the company would buy bulks of them).

ibanez xiphos, but you'll need to switch out the edge III.
Quote by stratdud39
ibanez xiphos, but you'll need to switch out the edge III.

thats great, first guitar that's what i am looknig for,
are there any guitar with superstrat style body? (not V's and such).
(btw i am very surprised no one at the thread said "dimarzio's sucks, go buy ***, UG is getting more mature).
Gibson les Paul studio
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
Eh, I'd just get an Ibanez RG1570 and swap the stock pups for Dimarzios. That way you'd have a guitar that is better than a Xiphos with a replacement bridge, for about the same price. Prestige Ibanez guitars are a good bit better than the "Standard" ones imo.

Not to be a douche, but I don't like this approach. Why don't you just tell us what music you play and what features you look for in a guitar and let us recommend something based on that? You know, there are plenty of guitars with dimarzios, for all kinds of styles and 90% of them probably won't be what you're looking for.
Quote by TheQuailman
Eh, I'd just get an Ibanez RG1570 and swap the stock pups for Dimarzios. That way you'd have a guitar that is better than a Xiphos with a replacement bridge, for about the same price. Prestige Ibanez guitars are a good bit better than the "Standard" ones imo.

Not to be a douche, but I don't like this approach. Why don't you just tell us what music you play and what features you look for in a guitar and let us recommend something based on that? You know, there are plenty of guitars with dimarzios, for all kinds of styles and 90% of them probably won't be what you're looking for.

that's the 2nd thing i thought i would hear, trust me that i know what i am doing...
Gibson les Paul studio
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
you are just a smart ass that doesn't contribute anything to this thread. Later.
Gibson les Paul studio
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
Quote by guynaa
you are just a smart ass that doesn't contribute anything to this thread. Later.

Do you know who Quailman is? He's very knowledgeable and is trying to help you.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by guynaa

Lol, ok, if YOU are going to play it that way:
Please people, let this topic die, the topic starter doesnt care about advice anyway.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by guynaa
that's the 2nd thing i thought i would hear, trust me that i know what i am doing...

If you're buying a guitar because of the pickups that are in it, then you don't know what you're doing. Sorry.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

They're dimarzio produced pups, but they're really...not that hot.

Stock on ibanez are notorious for being weak except in the very high-end range. Even then...they cheap out.

Lower ends have dimarzio designed, i think.

@OP: If you switch out pups, it's not throwing money away. It's improving your tone (So long as you have a good amp). Also, to be fair, some people do love the DiMarzio designed, it's just after having 'real' dimarzios, duncans and EMGs in guitars I've owned/own, they sound a bit weak to me.

Also, you don't need to lose money; apparently, there's a pretty good market on ebay for second hand stock ibanez pups, believe it or not.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jan 26, 2009,
really, your best bet is to buy a guitar you REALLY like and put whatever dimarzios you want in it. Its win win!