Basically I need some help with new exercises to add to my practice regime and critisisms of what I'm currently doing (if it's not a good idea).

The Problems I'm Having
All of these are speed related.
- When alternate picking my left hand is fast and my right hand is fast but they don't co-ordinate together when I attempt to go as fast as I can.
- Again when alternate picking quickly I have problems with string skipping, e.g. moving from the E string to the G string, picking one note, then moving back to the E string.
- Sweep picking, I can do 3 string sweeps easily but I fail at 5 and 6 string sweeps.

What I'm Currently Doing
This is broken down into 1 hour focusing on each area. I will play half an hour (on, e.g. alternate picking) before taking a break for 10 minutes or so, then I come back and play half an hour of something different (e.g. sweep picking). After another break I finish the first hour and so on.

Hour 1
This is working on my alternate picking.
I play chromatics to try to get my left and right hand co-ordinated better. Basically I do 1, 2, 3, 4 ascending (from Low E string to High E string), then 5, 4, 3, 2 descending (from High E to Low E). I continue like this until I reach the 24th fret, then I reverse the whole thing and move back up to the 1st.

For the string skipping I've been doing exercises like this:

E||--18-15----------------15--
B||---------------------------
G||--------19-15----15-19-----
D||--------------17-----------

and

E||------------------------------
B||-------------15-----15--------
G||------------------------------
D||------15-19------19-----19-15-
A||--17--------------------------

If you have any other good shapes with similar string skipping, they'd be welcome.

I've also been doing stuff like this:

E||--20-19-17------19-17----------17----------
B||------------20----------20-19-----20-19-17-

This pattern continues until I hit the low E string and then I reverse it and go back down to the High E.

Hour 2
This is just spent going through 5 string sweeps. Any shapes you can give me would be ace.

Hour 3
This is focusing on writing music. I do things like learn new scales, place scales to help me memorize the fretboard and work out riffs using scales.

Hour 4
I focus on learning another song.

The rest of the time I spend playing is just playing songs I know or messing around.

Thanks for getting this far, I know it's a long post. If you have any suggestions or exercises for my practicing I'd be very grateful.
Thanks again!
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
it has been suggested that over playing something will cause you to get worse, i'd suggest that you do less than an hour a day on sweeps and see if you improve

for my practice i took a ton of magazines and cut out different exercises and grouped them into like sweeping tapping etc. i now have a rota so i do certain ones each day and this works pretty good

also scales are good to work on getting your fingers co-ordinated but u will find that you can play some stuff faster than others
You need to take your speed down to where you can play it in perfect coordination, and then speed up from there.

Also, as well as the 1,2,3,4 5,4,3,2 exercises, i've recently started doing all the variations of this exercise, which is probably one of the best exercises you can do in my opinion.

Taking all the variations using 2, 3 and 4 fingers, you pretty much cover any pattern as far as one string goes. The shítter then is just applying different techniques with these fingerings, which will be a never-ending quest for guitar masterdom.