Everytime i use more than one pedal with my amp(traynor ycv40) it lowers the volume a lot. I used to use only 1 pedal and a time and everything was fine but then i built my pedalboard and i connected all my pedals and its been lowering my volume and the pedals arent sounding the same as they do by themselves.

i dont have a lot of pedals only 3 an OD, crybaby wah, and a digitech grunge pedal.

ive tryed different orders of the pedals and also all my pedals r runnin on batteries not adapters.

can someone help me figure out what the problem is?

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
This is called tone-suck. Pedals that aren't true bypass will color your tone if you put a signal through them even if they're off. Pedals that aren't buffered bypass will lower your volume (signal degradation) even if they're turned off.

There's a reason some pedals are $175 and some are $50.

If it's even worse than it should be, check your cables. How long is your longest cable?
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
my longest cable is like a little more than ten feet which is from my guitar to wah
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
That's not terribly long at all. You're getting tone-suck from your pedals. If it really bothers you, head over to the customizing forum and learn how to mod your pedals to fix some of these issues (my GCB-95 Crybaby made my amp sound like it was underwater until I installed a 3DPT true bypass/LED switch), or buy some better pedals.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
is there any way i can fix this without moding or buying new pedals?
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Nope. Check your cables. If it's not the cables, it's the pedals.

Fulltone, Keeley, Analogman, Maxon, and others don't charge $200 for a pedal because they have fancy paint jobs. They have quality circuitry and components that produce pedals with a full sound that aren't noisy and don't tone suck.

Your three pedals are relatively low quality/price pedals. Just like amps and guitars, you get what you pay for.

My Gear

Another thing, what are you using to power your pedals?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
bateries
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Quote by JesusLives
Another thing, what are you using to power your pedals?

That's true, didn't think of that. Fresh batteries will give pedal more oomph than ones sucking fumes. Try fresh batteries.

My Gear

Couldn't you buy a MXR Micro Amp pedal to get rid of the loss? It might be the cheapest solution... Don't quote me on that though.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
how come wen i only use 1 pedal it sound fine but wen i use 2 it sound pretty bad. i know ur sayin its tone-suck but should it really be this bad with just 2 pedals?
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
im plannin on buyin the visual sound 1 spot would that help a little instead of using just batteries? And, i really want to figure this out cus i got a few more pedals coming and i dont want it to get worse.
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Quote by LG555
im plannin on buyin the visual sound 1 spot would that help a little instead of using just batteries? And, i really want to figure this out cus i got a few more pedals coming and i dont want it to get worse.

That's a nice little power accessory, I use the same thing myself for my 9v pedals. But if you are getting tone suck problems with fresh batteries, you are going to get a tone suck problem with an adapter.

I know you're having a hard time accepting that cheap pedals don't sound nice, but it's the truth. I'm sorry. Don't buy pedals en masse. Save up for nice pedals that you know will sound great and be a worthy addition to your rig.

My Gear

While there is some "tone suck" also known as signal loss from these pedals due to mediocre buffers, remember, you will loose your "tone" or it will be colored any time you put something between your guitar and amp. Don't be afraid of tone sucking, sometimes it may do somthing you like, such as cut out some treble frequencies that can create nasty ice picking.

What your problem sounds like is just bad batteries. Is it volume loss only when you engage the same 2 pedals? Try this. Turn on each one, one at a time. Next do difference combos. Once you isolate the problem replace that battery. If that doesnt work, your pedal might just be broken. If it isnt, try plugging straight into the amp. If you still have volume loss, it could be the tubes. But from what you're explaining, its a bad battery.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
well since some of u think theres a problem with my pedals there is one problem ive had with my grunge pedal. i dont know if its related and i doubt it is but if u can help it will be appreciated. whenever i plug in an adapter to my grunge pedal it doesnt work. does that mean its the adapter or the pedal or anything else?
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EXH Metal Muff
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2