I really liked blues but the problem for me is bending on the 3 string!
At 5 and 7 fret the wound 3 string is literally eaten after a week or so!
Is it a natural thing or my bending technique is not right?
Is it possible to use bottleneck technique instead of bending?
Last edited by bakrach at Jan 26, 2009,
depends how much you bend. you may also want to switch from a wound g string to a plain steel g string.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
You mean to use a string for electric guitar or you mean that there are plain steel strings for acoustic. And I bend a lot. But I am not a professional and I am playing for an hour or so every day. If I am a pro I should change string every day after 7 hours of playing.
G- string doesn't breaks it remains on it's inner core and fuzzes when played.
Last edited by bakrach at Jan 26, 2009,
you can get plain steel g strings - they sound slightly different to the wound strings. and they're easier to bend.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
You can get unwound G strings for acoustic as mentioned above.

Also, this is totally normal. This is one of the reasons why I change strings so often. My wound strings always get worn down to the center wire on the frets from bending.
If you should decide to permanently use a plain (unwound) G string, you probably should have your bridge adjusted in order to intonate correctly.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120