ok so recently ive been jammin with people alot. most frequently with this other dude that is pretty good and this girl that can sing. so i need some songs for us to play. so far we can play let her cry by hootie, banana pancakes (i know i know) and what i got by sublime. o and closer to the sun by slightly stoopid
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
I think thats a question you should be asking them not us.

A good way to do it (we've used this in the past) is to all write down 10 songs you'd love to perform (any songs, any genre) then compare lists. If any two of you have the same song then you agree to do that song.
Quote by Free
I think thats a question you should be asking them not us.

A good way to do it (we've used this in the past) is to all write down 10 songs you'd love to perform (any songs, any genre) then compare lists. If any two of you have the same song then you agree to do that song.

this guy says the truth, a few days a go i did this with a friend of mine. some very interesting and cool songs came out of it and we're intending on learning them now and soon playing them together. some will go well, others won't but that's a process every group will have to go through..

enjoy!
I definitely thought this was a 2 girls 1 cup spoof.

EDIT: ANYTHING by Jefferson Airplane even the songs sung by the guys.
free i appreciate the idea man thanks alot. we will def try that. however what i was looking for people to recommend me some songs cuz me and the other guitarist are running into a roadblock where we both mostly listen to the same types of music. you guys all know it, guitarist music, classic rock, chill stuff ect ect. however the girl is a lot more pop oriented, and even some rap. this isn't a huge roadblock but i feel it is slowing us down. and just to be clear this isnt gonna be a big time band or anything. we would like to do some open mic nights and small stuff and maybe even make some money. on that note i figure there are more experienced people on here than me. how would we go about playing a wild wings or other local resteraunt open mic night?? appreciate any help guy/gals

Quote by gregs1020

^
thanks i will check those out

Quote by gregs1020

In that case start off with stuff you're all likely to know. Pick out some of the classics that people love to hear. Anything out of the sixties is still popular today, everyone knows Beatles stuff for instance. Or something thats popular at the moment. Kings of Leon seem to be flavour of the month.

Or if you wanna try something completely different how about some Giant Drag? Take a look... CLICKY
^^^
hell 2 the no. god they are awful. my cousins have rock band and my little sister has been singing that damn paramore song nonstop since. cheers to studio headphones!!!!

Quote by gregs1020

haha i dont like them either, but 2 guitars and a girl = paramore

other nice songs for two guitars though that might be a good mix since she's more "pop" would be like landing in london, good riddance (time of your life), she f**** hates me is super easy, theres a bunch i just didnt know if she had the voice for them
I know everyone is sick of it right now, but it works and is catchy: Disturbia by Rihanna. If your singer is pop oriented then it will be great for her, and the guitars can switch off for stuff. If I remember right the chords are Bm - D - A - G, at least for the chorus. You can get a rhythm guitar going, and then include a background lead thing that is based on that goddamn "bum bum de dum" thing going on in the background, and then it would be easy to rock out too, just because it is such a driving song. Heck, if the rhythm guitarist is on acoustic he could do some percussive beats as well, or a Mayer-esque string click between chord changes to keep a groove.

But yeah, 2 guitars and a singer who likes pop, this is the song that comes to mind.
ok no rihanna. forget the pop thing. she doesnt just sing thats just more of what she listens to. i mean she likes jack johnson and other chill stuff but she doesnt sway too much from the pop scene like slightly stoopid or even hootie. but she likes it when she hears it and she can sing anything. i refuse to play poppy bull****. i'm thinking some hootie songs and some dave if we can pull any off. most of his **** is crazy

Quote by gregs1020