hey UG i got a question( plz mind mi stupidness), my solos dont sound very gud i wanna sound like slash or other guitarist like him, so i guess its a rock sound, but problem is im on a limited budget nd i want another pedal 2 bring out my solos iv already got a marshall guv'nor pedal nd a cry baby wah nd mi amp is set 2 hav no distortion ( in other words clean ) its also a rocktronic amp

wot i wanna no is if theres a pedal i can buy 2 bring out my solos for less then say 150 quid ??

u can giv ny advice aswell even if its stuff like tappin or harmonics but dont tell ny1 bout it
Last edited by bainsy911 at Jan 26, 2009,
If its just a better sound that you want then dont buy another pedal. save up some more and get a better amp, it will be a much better investment. What settings do you have your amp to? I dont see why the guvnor would be so hard to get an decent sound from.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Start using scales other than pentatonic.

Oh, you're talking about tone. Can't help you there.

But I can help you with that horrible spelling problem.

Quote by SilverchairFan
try typing in english and u may get some help

This post really made me laugh.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Jan 26, 2009,
you have to listen to more music, and learn scales, and just play using feeling instead of your knowledge of what is "right" and "wrong".

try to pick up licks, little solos, etc, so you can play around with those ideas, and in time you will be coming up with your own stuff and you won't be bored.

practice is the key.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by bainsy911
sorry bout the bad spellin

Is it that hard to press "shift" and add a letter or two to words?
Quote by charlie__flynn
What settings do you have your amp to? I dont see why the guvnor would be so hard to get an decent sound from.

i hav my amp settings to

treble- 9
mid - 7
para mid - 4
bass - 3
spring / reverb - o

on my guvnor i have

gain - full
bass - between quater and half way round
deep - between half way and 3/4 way round
treble ust over half way
mid - full
volume - quater of the way round
You might try turning your gain down on your pedal. Too much gain will muddy up the actual notes you're playing to the point where you can't even distinguish notes.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by bainsy911
i hav my amp settings to

treble- 9
mid - 7
para mid - 4
bass - 3
spring / reverb - o

on my guvnor i have

gain - full
treble ust over half way
mid - full

On your amp turn the treble to botu 7 and bass up to about 7 too. Dont know what para mid is but id say leave it. On gain on the guvnor turn it to around 7/8 and turn the mid slightly down.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by bainsy911
i hav my amp settings to

treble- 9
mid - 7
para mid - 4
bass - 3
spring / reverb - o

on my guvnor i have

gain - full
treble ust over half way
mid - full

Turn up your bass, then. The bass will round out the sound quite nicely. I've heard people say to scoop the mids (treble and bass as high as possible, mids to 0), but I prefer a little bit of mid in my tone, so my amp settings are something like this:

Bass = 10
Mid = 6
Treble = 8

And I get a pretty decent tone from that out of my little Peavey practice amp. I don't even need to use a pedal to get that tone sounding nice, so just try messing with the bass settings. No bass will make the tone sound kind of flaky, so turning that up will probably solve some problems.

And a little bit of reverb is kind of nice for a lead tone. Too much of it can kill your sound (unless you're Devin Townsend), but add just a subtle amount. That can make a huge difference.

And your keyboard still appears to be missing a shift key
Last edited by travislausch at Jan 26, 2009,