i have a PRS SE Custom

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom/specs.html

and im interested in setting this up purely for metal, changing the strings and pickups and leaving it tuned in drop C. I have seen the dean dimetime pickups, i play a lot of hatebreed so i think these will be pretty goood. My question is will i be ok just changing the neck pickup for the dean dimetimeand get a good sound? or do you need to change both pickups? cheers
I'd get a new amp first

and for metal you'd mostly be using the bridge so wouldn't make a great deal of difference
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Change the bridge pickup instead.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Why would you set a PRS up for metal?
My advice is to get a different guitar. If you go with this it will seriously decrease the re-sale value of the guitar.

Also, change your amp.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
i have another guitar, an esp ec 300, with duncan p90s in it. i was going to change the pickups in that at first, until i realised that changing p90s is a lot of work. and i want to use one guitar for metal, one for punk, and p90s sounds pretty damn goood for punk
your amp is going to make a bigger difference in your tone than your pickups for the most part. especially if you're using a processing amp: pickups make very little difference at the digital level. for metal however, your bridge pickup is all you'd need to change, but no matter what you put in, you won't hear as much of a difference as if you were using a tube amp
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
your amp is going to make a bigger difference in your tone than your pickups for the most part. especially if you're using a processing amp: pickups make very little difference at the digital level. for metal however, your bridge pickup is all you'd need to change, but no matter what you put in, you won't hear as much of a difference as if you were using a tube amp

+1

New amp.

Then, if you dislike the neck pickup, get a new one.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by dark_gilbert
Why would you set a PRS up for metal?

Oh I don't know, maybe cos they're good guitars that can play anything?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Oh I don't know, maybe cos they're good guitars that can play anything?

erm, exactly?

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.