Just got the Boss GT-10 which is freakin awesome by the way...but my tube amp messes with the tone (I assume because of the preamp or something along those lines)

So what I was looking for would be a good keyboard amp to play my pedal into but I have no idea about keyboard amps. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Elitists and Hypocrites
What styles are you looking at playing and what is your guitar?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by JesusLives
What styles are you looking at playing and what is your guitar?

I've got one Ibanez RG120 and I've got another Ibanez S470. Well and I got the multi-fx because I play alot of different stuff...I have one band I'm in thats pretty straight rock and another that is metal and then I play at church which is pretty clean 99.99% of the time
Elitists and Hypocrites
The crate V Series take modelers pretty well. Not a keyboard amp, but good none the less. As far as actual keyboard amps go, Roland makes some good ones, but you can't mic them well at all.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I wrestled with trying to amplify my GNX3000 for ages before coming to the conclusuion that there is nothing you can use that will make these multi fx units sound as good as they do through headphones. Peavey and Roland keyboard amps were OK but made the patches sound a little sterile a lot of the time. Sometimes the tweeter becomes far too dominant. Another option is a Tech 21 Power Engine that has a great reputation but again, I found it poor next to my headphones. Another option is to get a powered PA speaker. I tried a few of these and only the Mackie SRM450 impressed me but that is quite a bit of money. Finally, try the GT-10 connected to the effects return on your tube amp as then you're only using the amp's power amp section so there will be far less colouring of the sound. You can still use the amp models but bypass cabinet modeling. While this had its limitations it was as good a solution as anything else I tried.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
plug your guitar into the input of the GT-10. then go from the output of the GT-10 into the amp's FX return. this way, your signal skips the preamp, and doesnt get affected as much. try it out, tell me what you think

Quote by Doadman
I wrestled with trying to amplify my GNX3000 for ages before coming to the conclusuion that there is nothing you can use that will make these multi fx units sound as good as they do through headphones.

2 words buddy: studio monitors
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jan 26, 2009,
Sorry, forgot about them. Yes, it's another good option, a bit like a powered PA speaker but to be honest, now I only use my GNX3000 with headphones for practice and I'm perfectly happy with it. The sounds are far better than any practice amp I've heard and it's a handy solution. When I play out of the house I usually leave the GNX behind and stick to the amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
It's because you're not setting it up properly. Why you're running an amp-sim into a pre-amp is beyond me, but I suggest you research the four cable method.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
plug your guitar into the input of the GT-10. then go from the output of the GT-10 into the amp's FX return. this way, your signal skips the preamp, and doesnt get affected as much. try it out, tell me what you think

Now when you say that are you not running a cord from the fx send on the amp?
Elitists and Hypocrites
Quote by CSUTremonti777
Now when you say that are you not running a cord from the fx send on the amp?

nope. it sounds weird at first, but when you think about it the FX return goes straight to your power amp, so plugging anything into it as basically just going straight to the amplification, and skipping the preamp, where you get preamp gain and most of your EQ. if you do that though, you might need to put a dummy plug into the regular input on the amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
nope. it sounds weird at first, but when you think about it the FX return goes straight to your power amp, so plugging anything into it as basically just going straight to the amplification, and skipping the preamp, where you get preamp gain and most of your EQ. if you do that though, you might need to put a dummy plug into the regular input on the amp

Would a headphone adapter work as a dummy plug? Or just cut the end off an old broken cord?
Elitists and Hypocrites
Quote by CSUTremonti777
Would a headphone adapter work as a dummy plug?

yes
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand