I have a VERY light touch and pick lightly as well, and I find I can still get great tone from 9s, but I know a few people playing .008s and they still sound pretty good, plus I could do some crazy **** on such light strings so I figure experimenting wont hurt...

anyways, any idea where I can get a bunch of sets at once?

Id like to get 10 sets, but all I can find on musicians friend is a set of 3 packs for $11 and they're ernie balls. I dont mind ernie balls at all (I rather like them actually), but any decent brand will do, Id just like to see if I could get a better deal on more packs somewhere else...

zzounds doesnt even seem to carry .008s, or at least not very many of them...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
If you're just trying them out, why would you get 10 sets??
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
well, I dont really care how they work out, I know I can play on them, and I also need a stockpile of new strings...

also, I have a fretboard with VERY deep scallops (my screw up) that I'd like to try out, and I think even light strings might bow it because of how deep the scallops are.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by LordPino
I play .12s 'cause they're awesome..

I play elevens cause I still can't bend a perfect two tone up on 12s. I'm getting there though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I play elevens cause I still can't bend a perfect two tone up on 12s. I'm getting there though.

Yeah well I'm tuned to C/Drop A# so they're a bit more loose.
Once you can shred .12s you really shred those .9s to pieces.^^
D'addario all the way I use .11's because I iz hard. But in all seriousness, .008's will be a pain in the arse to find, and will no doubt break easily.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
D'addario all the way I use .11's because I iz hard. But in all seriousness, .008's will be a pain in the arse to find, and will no doubt break easily.

Fixed.
Quote by spiroth10
I have a VERY light touch and pick lightly as well, and I find I can still get great tone from 9s, but I know a few people playing .008s and they still sound pretty good, plus I could do some crazy **** on such light strings so I figure experimenting wont hurt...

anyways, any idea where I can get a bunch of sets at once?

Id like to get 10 sets, but all I can find on musicians friend is a set of 3 packs for $11 and they're ernie balls. I dont mind ernie balls at all (I rather like them actually), but any decent brand will do, Id just like to see if I could get a better deal on more packs somewhere else...

zzounds doesnt even seem to carry .008s, or at least not very many of them...

Just go to the strings actual website, i know d'addario has some on there site
Quote by LordPino
Fixed.

It already said that. I used .09s once on accident and they sucked. .11s all the way!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
ive slowly started climbing from low nines to 11s, im at high 10s now.

9s and below for the lose.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If you have a really light touch, you should try lowering your action too/instead.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
He doesn't want advice on his playing style, that's his business. He just wants to know where he can buy strings...>.<

But yeah, juststrings.com is pretty sweet.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Tommy Walker
.008's might not be visible to the naked eye. .08's on the other hand.

yeah but he has a really light touch
Quote by Tommy Walker

No. It's 0.008.
Quote by Roast Beef
If you have a really soft touch, you should try touching harder

Yeah that's great advice
HI
Quote by Horlicks
No. It's 0.008.

are you blind?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Originally Posted by Tommy Walker

where in that post did he contradict the fact that this thread was about 0.008 strings?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
YEAH, who's thick NOW.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
The guy who took 1 hour and 18 minutes to write a message and still included a grammar mistake?
okay okay its .008 of a centimetre, and .08 of a millimetre isnt that correct? you guys are just counting on different scales
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
People don't understand decimal numbers. 0.008 is 1/125 of an inch across - not a centimetre or millimetre. That is smaller that the 0.01 (usually known by the redundant name 0.010) high E, which is 1/100 of an inch across. Note the extra zero in the first figure.. A 0.08 string is 2/25 of an inch across - roughly equivalent to an A, or a heavy D string on a bass guitar. Certainly not for a player with a 'light touch'.
holy ****, did he ask what kind of strings he should use?

more importantly, does anyone care how awsome you think you are cause you use heavy strings and tune down to drop Q?

Stop saying "I use 0.013's blah blah blah u are geh cause u use 0.008's"

Please, leave your stupid comments to yourself, you can make your own thread and post about how you use "teh br00tal big strings and how geh people are that use anything smaller".

/rant

ernie ball strings are good, i use thier .009's and they last a very long time, you'll have a hard time finding a better deal on a large amount of strings, but maybe you could find an economy sized pack of ernie ball strings or somewhere that sells them in bulk
Quote by Horlicks
The guy who took 1 hour and 18 minutes to write a message and still included a grammar mistake?

So because i don't spend every waking moment refreshing my list of subscribed threads that makes me thick? Excuse me if i had other things to do. And i'm pretty sure you don't "include" mistakes, you make them. Just ask your mum, i'm pretty sure she knows about mistakes.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Feb 1, 2009,