Hey
My name's Charles if you can't tell by the username..
I probably have way too much of an obsession with music and electric guitar, and a band called 'The Devin Townsend Band'..Kind of an inspirational thing for me.
Anyway, I picked up a Strat yesterday and finally getting to playing (would have started earlier but money isn't something I have an abundance of).

I've been doing just some basic chords and left hand exercies as of this point.

Does anyone have any advice for a guy who's on day 2?

-Thanks in advance
Hello Charles from the North Part of Carolina...

Keep doing chords and exercises for a while. Once you know a few chords, and can change between them cleanly, look up some simple songs.

"Have you Ever seen the rain" by CCR is C, G, F, Em, and Am.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
woo hoo!! NC!! what part in NC you at bro? i've lived most my life in Jacksonville and moved to Greenville in August for school at ECU.

what you're doing is what you need to do for the rest of your life. practice never ends. and if you're 'obsessed' like i was/am, then unlike other guitar players who just play for a couple years and then slowly fade away, it'll become a part of your life. really great experience .
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Gibson06
Hello Charles from the North Part of Carolina...

Keep doing chords and exercises for a while. Once you know a few chords, and can change between them cleanly, look up some simple songs.

"Have you Ever seen the rain" by CCR is C, G, F, Em, and Am.

yea also try some green day there songs are normally pretty easy oh yea and welcome to UG
At the top of this forum is a great resource for songs for beginners, and that particular forum in general is great for newbies to the guitar to ask questions
Quote by slash_rocks2005
woo hoo!! NC!! what part in NC you at bro? i've lived most my life in Jacksonville and moved to Greenville in August for school at ECU.

what you're doing is what you need to do for the rest of your life. practice never ends. and if you're 'obsessed' like i was/am, then unlike other guitar players who just play for a couple years and then slowly fade away, it'll become a part of your life. really great experience .

Haha, I'm in Winston man, about to graduate from high school. Go on to CPCC and get my ASE license.
But yeah, unless I just stopped listening to music somehow, even still, not sure how I could become un-obsessed.
it's been years since I first wanted to start and I'm like **** YEAH that I finally am lol