Right, my grandparents are having their 50th wedding anniversary in June (might as well plan ahead), and I've been told that I have to play for 2 hours, as 'background music', so, basically I need help finding songs. I play classical/acoustic guitar, but i'm terrible at singing, so I guess that wouldn't be an option...I've been playing for a few years, and usually do sort of fingerpicking stuff, so maybe classical songs might be more helpful..

so yeah, any song suggestions that will sound good with just one guitar would be helpful thanks..
Quote by goest
Uhh...play a medley of Opeth songs..for two hours...

I have considered that..but I dunno if it would still sound good with just one guitar AND no singing?
mabe you should practice singing, but if you want to steer away just get some songs that don't heavily relly on lyrics and take the vocals out.

try halelujah by jeff Buckeley
Romance - My Chemical Romance

Play around with it a bit?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Romance - My Chemical Romance

Play around with it a bit?

I haven't even heard that..is it ****?

Does no one have any classical songs they think'd work?!
Quote by undecided1993
I haven't even heard that..is it ****?

Does no one have any classical songs they think'd work?!

Spanish Caravan?
Quote by undecided1993
thanks, that site seems pretty useful

No problem.
Sail upon the open skies
Etude in E minor
Quote by postmortem2006

One time I was getting head from my (now ex) girlfriend, I blew my load in her mouth and she spat it back in my face. Seriously.

Quote by sglover34479
If you sing like crap you can still pull off hey thee delilah

haha, damn right
learn some jazz chords and just jam...I don´t find it hard when it´s just me playing...it gets a bit difficult if you´re jamming with other people...

also, check out NAUDO on youtube...he plays classical guitar arrangements of popular songs...
Tears in Heaven is good as an instrumental. It's very relaxing to play and you can make it longer than it really is to buy some extra time.
Romanza. There's a good tab on UG and you could probably play around with it to stretch it for a good few minutes. It's pretty simple.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
2 hours = 180 minutes worth of songs, I say just pick like a total of 10 songs that are in similar keys, i.e. if one is in E make the second in B and the third in A etc. And just play part of the official song whilst improving on top of it. If you have classical experience and you have to play for 2 ****ing hours I suggest learning to improv asap.

OR You can record yourself playing for an hour, and have the ending something that can loop back into the beginning and just play that over the PA or your amp. Problem solved and you don't have to play for-****ing-ever!

If you had to actually do a song list, it would require at least 36 songs @ 5 minutes a piece. I can't actually play acoustic guitar for 2 hours as background music, I personally need a band.

Hey, why not buy some classical CD's or download some music for the wedding, and have it play for you.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Leat
2 hours = 180 minutes worth of songs, I say just pick like a total of 10 songs that are in similar keys, i.e. if one is in E make the second in B and the third in A etc. And just play part of the official song whilst improving on top of it. If you have classical experience and you have to play for 2 ****ing hours I suggest learning to improv asap.

OR You can record yourself playing for an hour, and have the ending something that can loop back into the beginning and just play that over the PA or your amp. Problem solved and you don't have to play for-****ing-ever!

If you had to actually do a song list, it would require at least 36 songs @ 5 minutes a piece. I can't actually play acoustic guitar for 2 hours as background music, I personally need a band.

Hey, why not buy some classical CD's or download some music for the wedding, and have it play for you.

Well, firstly, 2 hours = 120 minutes, dear

And it's my grandparents who seem to have some obsession with making all their grandchildren perform in some way or another, I just chose to do background music because that way people are less likely to be paying attention, and I have a big phobia of performing in front of people (which is handy)..plus I don't wanna use CD's, cos i'm being paid