Ok besides the name and a few knobs on the front panel, what's the main differences? they are both EL34 powered and are under the JCM2000 model.

just wondered, i'm not very familiar with marshalls.

Thanks
The DSL sounds much better IMO, provided you get the head version and not the 401.
to actually answer the question, the technical differences are between the tonal options.

the DSL has two channels. (dual-super lead)

the TSL has three channels (triple-super lead) and a few more buttons and options than the DSL.

Not sure which one sounds better, they never sound that great when i play them at GC. Then again, i never get to crank them, and the display amps are always in a sad condition.

actually they both have three channels, i think the TSL has a few more buttons on the front for more tonal options.

EDIT: there are also like three or four different models of each one. They vary slightly. The basic difference between each amp is the amount of bells and whistles that they come with. The TSL100's front panel is ridiculous haha
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Jan 26, 2009,
When I tried them against one another, the DSL had a bit more punch, a bit better tone and a little more gain.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
My friends got both. The DSL is more Vintage'd Voiced, while the tsl is more modern voiced.
The tsl is more compressed with abit more gain on the lead channel compared to DSL's ultra gain channel. The TSL has more features, such as a VPR, DI, and footswitchable effects loop.
The DSL in my opinion does sound better. I dont think marshalls should ever be modern voiced.
TSL would be better for metal, DSl would be better for rock and Old school metal
Quote by Yngwi3
When I tried them against one another, the DSL had a bit more punch, a bit better tone and a little more gain.

TSL has more gain.

They are really similar, just TSL sacrifices a little tone for versatility, not a HUGE difference like all these people try to say.

And most people who dis this series dis it because they expect a vintage distortion from a marshall, which they aren't trying to do. They are great what what they are meant for.
Quote by KingJustinian25
TSL has more gain.

They are really similar, just TSL sacrifices a little tone for versatility, not a HUGE difference like all these people try to say.

And most people who dis this series dis it because they expect a vintage distortion from a marshall, which they aren't trying to do. They are great what what they are meant for.

exactly.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
My band's guitarist uses the TSL 60W head and it sounds really good, especially when it's cranked.