Im looking into buying one of these, and from what I have heard, they are great for crunch and classic rock sounds. Also, I have heard that they are great for clean and no distortion.

Does anyone know if they are good for heavy metal like Metallica, Disturbed, and Slipknot? Because I like to play everything except country.

So would this guitar be good for Playing all styles of music? Or would the Hellraiser C-1 FR be better for that?
Quote by Knoknonhvnsdoor
Im looking into buying one of these, and from what I have heard, they are great for crunch and classic rock sounds. Also, I have heard that they are great for clean and no distortion.

Does anyone know if they are good for heavy metal like Metallica, Disturbed, and Slipknot? Because I like to play everything except country.

So would this guitar be good for Playing all styles of music? Or would the Hellraiser C-1 FR be better for that?

The hellraiser would be less versatile. The C-1 Classic can play anything well if you have the right amp for the styles you want to play.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
The hellraiser would be less versatile. The C-1 Classic can play anything well if you have the right amp for the styles you want to play.

Yes, I want to play everything from Fleetwood Mac to Megadeth/Metallica to Slipknot/Disturbed.

Is a Line 6 Spider III 75W Ok?
my rythm guitarist has this guitar and i hve to say it is extremely versatile, quite comfortable to play and l;ooks sweet too
as for the line 6, it will be good for now but it wouldnt hurt to look into something else, my lead guitarist has the 120 watt(?) version and while it has lots of effects it sounds kind of sharp, you should look at some fender amps.
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Last edited by TANKER69 at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Knoknonhvnsdoor
Yes, I want to play everything from Fleetwood Mac to Megadeth/Metallica to Slipknot/Disturbed.

Is a Line 6 Spider III 75W Ok?

Idk, do you like ****ty tone?

AND BEFORE ALL YOU HATERS JUMP ON ME FOR HAVING A METAL ZONE, **** OFF!! I'M AWARE IT SOUNDS LIKE ****.
Quote by stratdud39
yes it can, but with that amp....EEGAD.
replace that spider before you even think about getting a new guitar

+1
Quote by stratdud39
yes it can, but with that amp....EEGAD.
replace that spider before you even think about getting a new guitar

I havnt bought that amp yet, im just thinking.

would a bypyr 75W be ok?
Vypyr > Spider

But then..

Tubes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Modelling
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Vypyr > Spider

But then..

+ ****ing 1 !!!!!!
Quote by willieturnip

What an ignorant statement.
Try a Vetta alongside any Valve amp you can get for under $1000.
Quote by willieturnip
Vypyr > Spider

But then..

ok but i cant afford a tube, so would the vypyr be optimal?

Also, what is so bad about the Spiders? They have all of those presets and everything.
Quote by willieturnip
Vypyr > Spider

But then..

generally this is true, but if you want versatile, the Vypyr is a good idea, unless you want to shell out for a good tube amp, and maybe an OD
Last edited by telemetal at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Knoknonhvnsdoor
ok but i cant afford a tube, so would the vypyr be optimal?

Also, what is so bad about the Spiders? They have all of those presets and everything.

Spiders tend to sound digital, and in my experiences, tend to be unreliable, and just sound unbearable after a little while
Quote by telemetal
Spiders tend to sound digital, and in my experiences, tend to be unreliable, and just sound unbearable after a little while

Ok, so if the spider amp is out of the way, and we go with the peavey vypyr, would the line 6 pocket pod multi effects processor be good for additional effects and artist presets? Or do those two not go well together?
im no experts with pods, but the pocket pod is more for recording to a PC, as far as i know. but i do have limited experience with Line 6 other than the Spider
I have C-1 Classic and it's good with almost every style. It can do thrash, don't worry. It has the same pick-ups that Dave Mustaine used to use in earlier recordings. His LiveWire actives are based on JB/Jazz (or JB/59, don't remember). You don't need actives for thrash, nice/versatile humbuckers with a nice high-gain tube amp (or a nice multifx thru Atomic, etc) is enough.

You have to have better amp than a spider, tho. Not that I'm against modeling, my RP350 is pretty darn good, but you can get better than spider 3.

I've heard that Vypyr have reliability issues, too, check them before buying. Or try Vypyr Tube, I've heard that Peavey worked on them more than the regular vypyr. Also, if you have time you can wait for 1x12 6505+. It's supposed to be out in spring.

You can try Blackstars, too (see my sig). It's cheap and nice sounding. Can keep up with normal drummer (even volume on 2 is very loud in my house), for a louder drummer you can get 2x12, and you'll be fine.

Don't combine two modeling processors, it's not a good idea. If you want to use Pod, etc. try Power Engine 60, or Atomic 18, not another modeling amp.
Last edited by DaRtH_ErLiK at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks

Thats what I was going to say.

You could probably bump the price up to $1,500 and include used ones as well.

Beyond that it's all preference.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Also, to anyone that has one of these, does it suit stuff like A7X, Metallica, Slipknot, or Disturbed? I know it does everything else, I just want to make sure.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Idk, do you like ****ty tone?

AND BEFORE ALL YOU HATERS JUMP ON ME FOR HAVING A METAL ZONE, **** OFF!! I'M AWARE IT SOUNDS LIKE ****.
i have a metal zone, i love the sound i got it to make...
Well it's a very versatile guitar but it won't play EVERYTHING perfectly. I.E. you can't really make it sound just like a strat, and you can't make it sound like a guitar loaded with EMGs. You can get very close, i'm sure, but not exact. Great guitar though.
The C-1 Classic suits EVERYTHING.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I was looking into this guitar I wanted it, but I found the Bc Rich Assassin FX6, it looks about exactly the same, it's neck through but problem is the pickups aren't as good, and the wood is Nato =[. Upsides, it had more solid knobs, probably sounds about the same as the Classic, and the abalone binding looks cool.

Can someone shed some light on my problem of helping me choose?
Quote by willieturnip
Vypyr > Spider
But then..

Quote by Horlicks

What he said. There's lots of good tube, analog solid-state and digital modelling amps. There's lots of awful ones too.

Quote by telemetal
im no experts with pods, but the pocket pod is more for recording to a PC, as far as i know. but i do have limited experience with Line 6 other than the Spider

Pocket POD is more for use as a headphone amp, but you can use it for a preamp or as a (less then stellar) recording device. I like using mine as a preamp because sometimes I get bored of my Marshall always sounding like a Marshall.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Idk, do you like ****ty tone?

f u for bein a hater of line 6
-Jake Blackwood
one of the guys I work with at the music store has a prog metal band sorta like dream theater/symphony X and that's what he uses along with a 7 string hellraiser for some of the other songs, other than that it's his C-1 classic which is what he has done all his recitals with as well for university
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by willieturnip
Vypyr > Spider

But then..

Tubes>>>>>>>>>Regular Solid State>>>>>>>>>>>>good modelling>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spider
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...