alright so im drawing a blank on what to do about my roommate. this is a long story but just to give you a little background, i live in the dorms and randomly got assigned a roommate. he seemed like a good enough guy. he was a bit of a geek and was awkward around people, but i didnt have a problem with it and the whole first month or two went by fine. i've always been good to him, and would invite him to stuff i would do with my friends all the time. as the semester went on however, i saw him become more and more lazy as time went on (he would skip class all the time, quit cleaning, and judging from the smell quit showering), and talking to him i found out he was not as smart as he led everyone to believe.

fast forward to this semester

i got back from christmas break and the room was trashed and he was watching movies on his new monitor. i asked him if he'd got his books already cause i was getting mine and he said he was feeling too lazy. the whole first week of semester, i never saw him leave the room once other than the occassional trip to the dining hall. he also seemed much different than when i first met him (he would talk about dark things, get irritated when i didnt want to watch his sci-fi shows or was too busy to talk. he also quit calling his parents which was odd considering he would call them 3 times a day before. he would also sharpen his knives for hours.) another week went by and he had yet to leave the room much or get his books. while talking to the RA he made an offhand comment that my roommate wasnt taking any classes but had a meeting sometime soon with the advisors. i was beyond surprised to hear this, especially from my RA. without being obvious, i pretty much asked my roommate how his semester was going and he said some vague things about classes, changed the subject and left. considering how often he studied last semester (i honestly only saw him studying once, and that was before a mid-term), i think he may have got below the minimum gpa, and will need to be reinstated before he can sign up for classes again, but already into the 3rd week of semester, he may be too late. i dont think his parents know either and that is why hes quit calling them. im worried that if that is what happened and he cant get reinstated for this semester, he will lose it. he builds himself up to be the smartest guy on the floor and constantly tells people he's a geek. if he had to go home because he got kicked out of school? it kind of leaves me worried as to what he will do. so pit, what should i do about this?
If you flip your computer screen sideways, the big wall of text looks like new York city.
Sail upon the open skies
Let him get kicked out. It's his own fault. Not to be mean or anything but this guy doesn't sound like the greatest kid to me. So it's like if your going to get mad at me and not clean and etc. why should I worry about what happens to you.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
what, so hes goinna go crazy and murder everyone on the floor? i doubt that would happen. if he did go crazy and murder everyone on the floor, that would be very surprising. he probably wont go crazy and murder everyone on the floor, especially you. be sure to update the thread if he goes crazy and murders everyone on the floor because hes probably gonna do it. lets face it, its inevitable that he will go crazy and murder everyone on the floor

R.I.P. TS
I have no opinion on this matter.
one of three things will happen:

1) he will be kicked out, no damage

2) He will commit suicide and you get a free 4.0

3) He will kill you and then kill himself.

Enjoy!

I would personally not be around him as much as possible...
Quote by Leper Messiah
Let him get kicked out. It's his own fault. Not to be mean or anything but this guy doesn't sound like the greatest kid to me. So it's like if your going to get mad at me and not clean and etc. why should I worry about what happens to you.

Harsh, but I agree. Sometimes you just can't worry about another person's business. It sounds like all of this came from his poor choices. Consequences suck sometimes, but we gotta deal with them.

If you really feel the need to do something for the guy though, get him a "Sorry you're gonna get kicked out of school" card. I'm sure they have them at Hallmark. Hallmark has everything...
Move.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Wasn't there a movie about some guys that tried to make their roommate kill himself so they could get As?
Quote by Silentlassassin

1) he will be kicked out, no damage

3) He will kill you and then kill himself.

Enjoy!

I would personally not be around him as much as possible...

I'd say these are the most probably outcomes. Not really sure what you can do in this situation though.
Humour him. Be a nice guy and talk to him whenever he wants to and watch whatever show he forces you to (as long as it doesn't take up too much of your time of course). Let him just make his own decision as to how his education goes and if he gets kicked out then that's too bad. He just sounds dangerous and I'd wanna get on his good side if I were you, so that if he does go on a rampage, he'll spare you ha.
Just talk to the guy about it, damn...I'm sure he'd appreciate someone caring about him. And he sounds deppressed, I don't think he quit calling his parents because he doesn't go to class anymore, it's more likely that he's not going to class because of his parents, maybe he and them had a fight, maybe his parents are splitting up and he can't take it, maybe one or both of his parents have been injured or worse. He could very well by deppressed about something else entirely, but with the information given that's going to have to be what I think it's about. Just talk to the guy and tell him you're worried about what he's been doing, that would probably help a lot.
Last edited by david_highland at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by goest
Great Wall O' Text...

Built in the 21st century to keep the pit monkeys out.
Run away
Quote by bluesrocker101
Hmm, you might just be my favorite Oct. 06er.

Quote by acdc51502112
agreed

Quote by Silentlassassin

lol dead man on campus was a classic movie.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I think The best thing you can do is be encouraging and nice to him. Also I would buy him a present or something so he might spare you when he goes on a psycho killing spree.

God I'm going to feel really bad saying that if he actually does.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by david_highland
Just talk to the guy about it, damn...I'm sure he'd appreciate someone caring about him. And he sounds deppressed, I don't think he quit calling his parents because he doesn't go to class anymore, it's more likely that he's not going to class because of his parents, maybe he and them had a fight, maybe his parents are splitting up and he can't take it, maybe one or both of his parents have been injured or worse. He could very well by deppressed about something else entirely, but with the information given that's going to have to be what I think it's about. Just talk to the guy and tell him you're worried about what he's been doing, that would probably help a lot.

well i talk to the guy a lot. ive gone out of my way to be nice to him since i met him, and he usually talks to me nonstop about everything, thats why it seems really off to me that he changes the subject and leaves everytime theres a chance of it being brought up.
If the kid doesn't wanna do any work, make him suffer. It is his fault, and you shouldn't be the one to build him back up on his feet.

What does he do when in the dorm room?

Does he talk to anyone?

Why the f**k are his parents paying for tuition if he doesn't try or even notify his parents?!

But yeah, he's definitely gonna kill himself. I suggest you leave him be, and sleep somewhere locked and away from him, even if that means a cage. If he hasn't killed you by now, it'll probably be in your sleep.
True, he's not your responsibility so don't feel like he is. But it may be a good idea to act a bit nicer to him to lift the mood.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by arcticradiohead
well i talk to the guy a lot. ive gone out of my way to be nice to him since i met him, and he usually talks to me nonstop about everything, thats why it seems really off to me that he changes the subject and leaves everytime theres a chance of it being brought up.

When you're that depressed it's tough to talk about what's causing it. He doesn't want to think about whatever it may be more than he needs to, so don't bring up anything specific. Just say something along the lines of "You've seemed a little down lately, I don't know what's going on but if you have anything to talk about then you know where to find me." And wish him your best and all that ****. If you're too direct it could piss him off and exacerbate the situation, so just let him know you're willing to listen to what he has to say and talk it out, if he doesn't want to talk then ****, oh well, but if he does want to talk , and he very well may, then awesome you've helped someone out. no matter the outcome though, you can at least say you tried.
Quote by david_highland
When you're that depressed it's tough to talk about what's causing it. He doesn't want to think about whatever it may be more than he needs to, so don't bring up anything specific. Just say something along the lines of "You've seemed a little down lately, I don't know what's going on but if you have anything to talk about then you know where to find me." And wish him your best and all that ****. If you're too direct it could piss him off and exacerbate the situation, so just let him know you're willing to listen to what he has to say and talk it out, if he doesn't want to talk then ****, oh well, but if he does want to talk , and he very well may, then awesome you've helped someone out. no matter the outcome though, you can at least say you tried.

ya i might try something like that. thanks.
Quote by Trefellin
Built in the 21st century to keep the pit monkeys out.

haha seriously I'm amazed everytime I see a wall of text comment. It doesn't take that long to read one of these "walls".
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
kkoo?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Or you could just kill him before he kills you... O_o

But if you'd rather not be convicted of euthanasia, get on his good side. That way at least if talking doesn't work, he won't go AWOL on you with a cleaver.
Talk to him more. Ask him what's wrong with him and tell him you care about his welfare. If you don't he might kill you.
Quote by Union Jake
That's one crazy mother****er, id leave sharpish before he does something crazy.

id leave the room before YOU did something crazy
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Or you could just kill him before he kills you... O_o

But if you'd rather not be convicted of euthanasia, get on his good side. That way at least if talking doesn't work, he won't go AWOL on you with a cleaver.

That's not what AWOL means, man.

On topic, though, just be nice to him.
1968 - 1996

Remember... Everything.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
id leave the room before YOU did something crazy

Do you just follow me around from topic to topic trying to get a insult in?
Quote by Union Jake
That's one crazy mother****er, id leave sharpish before he does something crazy.

Or maybe TS and his friends can watch The Prestige with that weird kid and have a nice circle jerk afterwards.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Kick his ass to the curb.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Union Jake
Do you just follow me around from topic to topic trying to get a insult in?B

no, i would never follow you around. althought seeing as there were some people on UG a while ago that i got some hate-mail from because you put words in my mouth and painted me as a homophobe, its the least i SHOULD do.
but f*ck all that. PM me if you have a problem w/ me. dont post it in the thread.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
no, i would never follow you around. althought seeing as there were some people on UG a while ago that i got some hate-mail from because you put words in my mouth and painted me as a homophobe, its the least i SHOULD do.
but f*ck all that. PM me if you have a problem w/ me. dont post it in the thread.

LOL at that coming from you, considering what you're doing, oh and it's not my fault you have problems with the homosexual community

On second thought TS you should try talking to this guy in a non agressive way.
what is his name? i kind of know a kid like that...i doubt its him. but just to make sure
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"