I'm stuck of in the middle of a decision that could effect my future (high hopes though ... XD), so I want to be in a band and get big ... but I have no idea what kind of band lineup to go for. I can sing, play guitar, drums, bass and piano ... but I want to be a guitarist/singer.

I dont know whether form a five-peice, get a decenit singer, I play lead guitar and backup vocals, get a rhythm guitarist, bassist and a drummer.

This line-up, I would like to be, catchy pop-punk tunes with catchy lead riffs in the choruses and a really tight sound. (Think Mayday Parade)

or

A punk three-peice, me doing the lead vocals and guitar. Our sound just being a typical punk sound...

So comments?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Why don't you try and find some members before you make a decision in terms of direction which may be unpopular?

Or have we another W. A. Rose on our hands?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Why don't you try and find some members before you make a decision in terms of direction which may be unpopular?

lol

erm - - - if i look for specific members for specific music, it would work out better if we were all completely differant and wanted a differant direction; the band would most likely brake up.
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Well all the guys in my band are into different music (albeit within roughly the same genre).

It's mostly about finding a good balance
Quote by fleajr_1412

Everyone wants to sing and to be lead, and that sucks.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by Dopey_Trout

actually, i'd say it's better to have an idea for your band and find people that have the same vision as you, rather than group together a bunch of people and say "hey, what genre should we play?" because you will NOT agree. GNR's split was inevitable when it was basically 5 people each with a different concept of what GNR should be.
Quote by guy_mtx
actually, i'd say it's better to have an idea for your band and find people that have the same vision as you, rather than group together a bunch of people and say "hey, what genre should we play?" because you will NOT agree. GNR's split was inevitable when it was basically 5 people each with a different concept of what GNR should be.

I'm not saying find 4 other people who all like totally different genres, I was just saying pick a relatively wide genre you want to be part of and find people with similar but not identical music taste, since if everybody likes the exact same thing you're just gonna sound like them.
Quote by fleajr_1412

Now my band never discussed what we we're going to play, we just played. And our styles are very different. But when we play, it just works. So do what works for you.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
i think before anything you should be looking to write some good tunes and not worry about getting big. like someone else said, everyone wants to be the front man. why not figure out what sound you want and go from there.
I think you should listen to some more music
If you really want to make an impact with punk, hit the NYC scene, and try to strike it there. The whole gold mine of hit has been pretty tapped into...
Quote by SKAtastic7770
FYI Brain-Plosion! would be a kick a** band name. Yes with the exclamation point.

No it wouldn't. It would be a dire name.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Since you have the ability to play other instruments, maybe you should play something which not many other people play. If you're going for a pop punk thing, I would say scrap the piano, be the drummer or the bassist. You can still sing and write the songs and be the lead guy.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by trey-col89
Since you have the ability to play other instruments, maybe you should play something which not many other people play. If you're going for a pop punk thing, I would say scrap the piano, be the drummer or the bassist. You can still sing and write the songs and be the lead guy.

The majority of the newer pop-punk has synth stuff in it.
got a band now guys
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3