Is it just me or does it seem like society has hit a wall? Ever think about how much technology we have and how much better we can get? How much better can cellphones get, or cars, or just technology in general. Now I can't help but talk about 2012. You may believe it or not. I don't know what's going to happen on that date, but all I can say is when I look at the world today and things like music and technology I wonder where we are going and how much better we can get. I'd like to live a full life and see things progress but I just don't know what the future holds. I remember a while ago and things seemed normal and now in 2009 I wonder have we progressed too much and have we hit a wall?
I disagree pretty much with everything you said there.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
That's what each generation says. If we all knew what technology would bring in the future we'd all be rich inventors.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by goest
Take your username's advice...

this.

and take some searchbar advice, i've seen too many threads like this one.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
yeah I'm sure in the 1300s they weren't thinking about phones...
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by angusfan16
I hit a wall today.

Why; did it get all up in your face?

HAH!
In 2012 Man City will win something - on that day the world will end.

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Thanks, now that I'm all depressed n shizz
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by Renka
Why; did it get all up in your face?

HAH!

Actually i was just walking around the house, minding my own business, and the wall was like "oh hell nah! Not in my crib!" So i turn to go up stairs and BAM! Hit me right in the face.
Sail upon the open skies
so?

we'll all be dead in 2012 anyway.

Quote by jmilli2
In 2012 Man City will win something - on that day the world will end.

the same day liverpool win the premier league!

(i'll be checking back in may)
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Everything that can be invented has been invented.
Charles H. Duell, Commisioner, US Patent Office, 1899,

No one knows what the future holds but it's ignorant to think that we're the greatest we can be and can't invent anything else.
People used to say the same after the invention of the radio.

About 2012, it simply is the end of the Pisces age, and the beginning of the Aquarius age (which is supposed to be a good era if you believe in all that stuff).

Just a bunch of stuff that is yet to be invented:
Anti-gravity
Wireless electricity (it's being developed right now)
More medicines
Mental connection (like internet, but with our minds)
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jan 26, 2009,
I don't think we're going to die in 2012. With all the technological advances we make everyday, by 2012 we could do something to prevent the huge asteroid heading our way...

Plus, we got Chuck Norris
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Dude, touchscreen technology is progressing.

I'm also waiting until we get an affordable flying option so we can replace the car. Heck, why not a completely electric car? what about completely automatic autopilot? what about foodmakers instead of just coffemakers? what about robots so human you can't tell the difference?

We've got a ways to go.
Quote by eliterun
Dude, touchscreen technology is progressing.

I'm also waiting until we get an affordable flying option so we can replace the car. Heck, why not a completely electric car? what about completely automatic autopilot? what about foodmakers instead of just coffemakers? what about robots so human you can't tell the difference?

We've got a ways to go.

I watched a documentry on robotics not long ago, and we're not as advanced in A.I. as i had thought so there is definately way more to do in terms of technology
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by 0RI0N
I disagree pretty much with everything you said there.

i agree with disagreeing
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Talking about the limits of technology is foolish. Some guy wrote a book about what computers can and can't do, and years after its release he was proven wrong. Technology is only limited by our imagination and ability to apply it.
Quote by Archaon
Talking about the limits of technology is foolish. Some guy wrote a book about what computers can and can't do, and years after its release he was proven wrong. Technology is only limited by our imagination and ability to apply it.

This.

And anyone saying we're not doing any technological advances today must be completely blind...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
half of you guys are morons! it doesn't matter how far we advance because in three years it won't matter anyways, technologie can and will "peak; we're all gonna be completely reborn.

havent you guys ever seen zeitgeist?
Quote by mr.happyman
half of you guys are morons! it doesn't matter how far we advance because in three years it won't matter anyways, technologie can and will "peak; we're all gonna be completely reborn.

havent you guys ever seen zeitgeist?

no but I've seen fight club, and I'm pretty sure it says the same thing.
Chill out ****ers. I'm not saying we are not capable of having technological advancement. I'm really just asking your opinion on the matter and I think the topic just opens your mind. I'm just saying as far as music and a lot of technology we have goes, how much room is there for advancement and creativity when it seems that we have reached a peak. I know there are lots of things yet to do, but at the moment many things look as though they have reached their peak.
Quote by GoToSleep
Chill out ****ers. I'm not saying we are not capable of having technological advancement. I'm really just asking your opinion on the matter and I think the topic just opens your mind. I'm just saying as far as music and a lot of technology we have goes, how much room is there for advancement and creativity when it seems that we have reached a peak. I know there are lots of things yet to do, but at the moment many things look as though they have reached their peak.

music is not technology my friend, more creativity. Same with moviemaking. We answered on technology.

what has reached its peak? I could maybe see music, maybe film, but nothing else really. The car/internal combustion engine, sure, but only because a new form of transportation is taking its place.
You should watch Futurama.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.