Page 1 of 2
everytime i play it in local shops ppl are like damn dude thats badass. But ive know it for a while, prolly the 5th song i learnt. Is it like hard or something? id rank it as a 3 on difficulty out of 10. what do yall think?
I wouldn't call it a 3/10. But its not a 10/10. Its easy to play the song so that its noticable, but to play it accurate and correct is more difficult.
If you just play the tapping it is easy. If you actually learn it all it can probably be a little bit more difficult, but I don't like EVH and never had the urge to learn it.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
^ what he said.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Congratulations?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
yeah i know the whole song. it was pretty simple. i play it accurate. i even play his little mistake part at the end lol. i didnt kno it was that big of a deal lol.
Funny, I looked on my Fender calender, it's EVH's birthday today, happy birthday EVH!

But yeah you should go pro.
i have a feeling the TS was hoping to see twenty posts all saying "wow! you find it easy? you're the AWESOMEST."

anyone can learn one piece of music by rote, even if it's really fast or "hard." if you can explain to me the significance of every chord progression that EVH cycles through in the tune, i'll be a little more impressed.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah i know the whole song. it was pretty simple. i play it accurate. i even play his little mistake part at the end lol. i didnt kno it was that big of a deal lol.

It's not, you're not cool.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by DimebagRob
Funny, I looked on my Fender calender, it's EVH's birthday today, happy birthday EVH!

I have that calendar too!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by deaththrashcore
If it were on Guitar Hero, it might be slightly difficult.

it's not a good thing that the first place you go in your head is "hmm, that'd be hard on guitar hero "

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by Adam Loeke
Hmm. "Eruption." Playing it a music store. Hmm. I'm gonna do it.

LOL to this... i forgot he mentioned he plays it in shops... many places will kick you out or at least tell you to play something else. the big no-no's in guitar shops are: Stairway to Heaven, Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets, Eruption, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and anything by GN'R.
well tbh i tend to play it behind my head with my toes to make it more challenging, kind of impresses people when i do that. not bragging or anything.. but i am amazing.
Well no-one will be able to play it the way Eddie does. I could do the tapping bit. Although I have forgotten the notes now mind you.
Quote by xander307
I have that calendar too!

Same Here!

how sick is the psychedelic stratocaster picture for this month
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
If you play that in a GC here, people will laugh at you.

Go and learn hot for a teacher instead for a LITTLE originality.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Arrogant prick.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Not really. EVH is more glamor than rock. Its just really flashy hammer-ons and pull-offs like Hot For Teacher.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by SMH07
well tbh i tend to play it behind my head with my toes to make it more challenging, kind of impresses people when i do that. not bragging or anything.. but i am amazing.

Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by paintballcrazy7
everytime i play it in local shops ppl are like damn dude thats badass. But ive know it for a while, prolly the 5th song i learnt. Is it like hard or something? id rank it as a 3 on difficulty out of 10. what do yall think?

OMGZ U Haz AWSUM Sk1llz!

That's what you're looking for isn't it? Well fuck you, no one cares how well you play really.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by illuminatiano
Go and learn hot for a teacher

On drums.

But you have to play with a pick.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by paintballcrazy7

Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
OMGZ U Haz AWSUM Sk1llz!

That's what you're looking for isn't it? Well fuck you, no one cares how well you play really.

This.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
It's not hard compared to other stuff.

The reason it gets so much noteriaty is that when it came out people didn't really play that way. It was pioneering in its sound and was unusual for a guitar solo like that to be an actual track on a CD.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Eruption isn't that technical, but it is a good song to work on when you are learning to shred.

Unfortunately, that is the most complicated song I can play.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by paintballcrazy7

liek omgz! u must be liek, teh best shredzor EVA!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by DimebagRob

But yeah you should go pro.

Hey, do you have the custom shop one?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Obvious troll.

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Page 1 of 2