Page 1 of 6
Yeah - like the title says, We're having a holocaust survivor coming to our school to guest speak, and I'm really nervous. The atrocities commited under the nazi regime are the stuff of nightmares and I'm worried that it'll bring up some emotion in me and I'll either a)break down in tears or b)have a panicky episode and have to leave.

any advice??
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
We had a holocaust survivor come to our school a couple of years back. It was upsetting.
just say that hes very brave
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Last edited by RampagingAcorn at Jan 26, 2009,
What can I say.

Try really hard not to cry?

WEBBDIT:

Quote by RampagingAcorn
yell out zi hiel! no thats to mean just say that hes very brave

1. It's Sieg.

2. Fuck off.
Maybe don't go to school that day or something if you're so worked up.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Not post a thread like this in the pit would be my first suggestion.

Secondly, having experienced the same, it can be pretty intense.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wow i also have a holocaust survive coming to my college. I checked your profile we don't go to the same place
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by vulgarmachine
Yeah - like the title says, We're having a holocaust survivor coming to our school to guest speak, and I'm really nervous. The atrocities commited under the nazi regime are the stuff of nightmares and I'm worried that it'll bring up some emotion in me and I'll either a)break down in tears or b)have a panicky episode and have to leave.

any advice??

If they lived through the real thing I'm sure you can live through them talking about it! Only advice I've got is go, listen, learn what happened and help make sure it never happens again
We had a halocaust survivor come to our school and talk a couple years back too. He wrote a book called Because of Romek, maybe it's the same guy, there can't be too many around. He told us some brutal stuff.
Gir vs. Wild :a man with foreskin is like a mule with a spinning wheel, nobody knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it
Man up and learn about it... if this person could go through it you can hear it. It's good for you to know.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by therealtater
do the whole nazi arm signal thing

Aren't you a funny one. Grow up.
those people annoy me...all the storys are the same u heard one u heard them all.
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by Kensai

I expected some of the immaturity of the pit - but tbh, it's not been that bad.

but... can it be that intense. We've been kinda building up to it, and I don't want to miss the event though

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Convince your parents its good idea for you to skip school that day so as to avoid making a fool of yourself?
yeah,those talks are deep man. we had a guy come in whose mother, father and baby brother were shot infront of him in a concentration camp when he was 9. pretty heavy stuff...
I had a survivor come to my school in 8th grade a few years back. I have the utmost respect for them.
Which is worse, getting emotional in front of your friends or missing an experience like that?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Play Angel of Death halfway through.

/unfunny disgusting joke that I feel horrible for.
tell him it never happened. everyone's a winner
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by Kensai

Let me guess, Ferenc Göndör?
¯|(°_o)/¯
Definitely go to school, Eli Wiesel went to my school, it's a good learning experience.

No offense, but these poor people had barely survived through those horrific experiences, so you cannot complain about having to hear them. It's good for you to know this so that you aren't shielded or ignorant of how bad the Holocaust really was back then.
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
I think you should record it. I bet if you do cry you won't be the only person in class that does.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
my advice would be to listen to them, considering they'll have quite a story to tell. If you cry, then you cry, don't let anyone make you think you're weak because of it. There was a lot of shocking and emotional stuff that happened in the holocaust, so it's understandable. I went to the Holocaust museum in washington DC, and that was pretty shocking, and anyone who's been there knows that. I didn't cry (i don't think I saw anyone who was, but it was close to silent in there, other than the occasional whisper and the movement of feet) but some things they have there are just...disturbing. So yeah, i would just listen to it, and if you cry then oh well, chances are you won't be the only one.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
we had one come to our school, and some f*cking neo Nazis were planning to go "Zeig Heil" or some stupid supremacist sh*t like that. anyways, they got expelled for planning it and they got the **** kicked out of them. serves them right.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by vulgarmachine
I expected some of the immaturity of the pit - but tbh, it's not been that bad.

but... can it be that intense. We've been kinda building up to it, and I don't want to miss the event though

Yeah you definetely don't want to miss it. I suggest you go.

Quote by Zox
Let me guess, Ferenc Göndör?

Don't think it was him actually =/
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
We've had a visit from a holocaust survivor. It was horrible, he broke down in tears in front of the whole audience, he was telling us this story of one of the death marches. Not for the faint hearted.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Sing.

knowing our head of 6th, we'll have to sing a hymn at the end

haha

Some of the responses in this thread are a lil bit, ahem, distasteful, but I'm not gonna be offended.

I'll just take it, and listen and learn.

Maybe playing Angel of Death halfway through mightn't be a good idea.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Wow, that would be a hell of an experience. A person who has experiences like that deserves respect so make sure he gets it from your part.
my friends grandmother is a holocaust survivor, ive met her quite a few times and i really have nothing but the utmost respect for her. she told us stories about how she had to hide and watched her brother die. i nearly cried myself, just be reverent.
I only hope that no scuzz bags say anything stupid.

I won't break down in tears, I know that much.

However, I might feel abit sick or panic or something. I won't be the only one though I guess.

Cheers for the advice guys btw.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by Assface137
Definitely go to school, Eli Wiesel went to my school, it's a good learning experience.

No offense, but these poor people had barely survived through those horrific experiences, so you cannot complain about having to hear them. It's good for you to know this so that you aren't shielded or ignorant of how bad the Holocaust really was back then.

seriously? Night was a damn good read

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24