As far as recording interfaces go, which has the least latency and best quality? I've only had experience with USB but I'm looking to get myself a new interface.

One of them is a Echo AudioFire4 FireWire Audio Interface

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Echo-AudioFire4-6-Channel-Firewire-Audio-Interface?sku=245641

and the other is a E-MU 0404 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-0404-USB-2.0-Recording-Interface?sku=242516

If there are any other interfaces that you think I should look into feel free to let me know, as long as it has the same attributes as these two.

Thanks!
The Walking Dead
I ow n the E-mu 0404 and it works and sounds great. I don't get any latency from it at all. I do not have any experience with the other device. If you are just recording yourself and maybe another guitarist/bass player than personally all you really need is the E-mu. They both have pretty much the same features except for the amount of line outs. Ohh and the echo has two line in inputs. So it really depends on how many inputs you need because I don't think the quality will waiver to much in this price range. Oh and would you be able to spend say $100 more?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Led man32
I ow n the E-mu 0404 and it works and sounds great. I don't get any latency from it at all. I do not have any experience with the other device. If you are just recording yourself and maybe another guitarist/bass player than personally all you really need is the E-mu. They both have pretty much the same features except for the amount of line outs. Ohh and the echo has two line in inputs. So it really depends on how many inputs you need because I don't think the quality will waiver to much in this price range. Oh and would you be able to spend say $100 more?

I would like to be able to use this for guitars, keyboards, bass, vocals and drums, just to make rough demo cuts. And yes i would be able to spend an extra $100.
The Walking Dead
If you are able to go $100 more and you want to record drums then I would look into the Presonus Firepod. It is firewire has 8 mic inputs and quality pres and converters, at least for the price. $399. I recently saw it going for $369 so I would seriously consider it. In case you are in need of software it comes with a software bundle as well.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
The Presonus Firepod seems like a damn good deal but I need something a bit more portable.
The Walking Dead
Quote by thelonelywaffle
The Presonus Firepod seems like a damn good deal but I need something a bit more portable.

Why the need for portability? The Firepod is hardly massive.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Why the need for portability? The Firepod is hardly massive.

I guess I could invest in this because it seems like it would suit many of my needs now and in the future.
The Walking Dead