Poll: Lemon Oil or Formulated Stuff
Poll Options
View poll results: Lemon Oil or Formulated Stuff
Lemon Oil
10 91%
Formulated Stuff(recommend me a brand)
1 9%
Voters: 11.
Im going to put something on my rosewood fretboard to condition it, however I dont know weather to use lemon oil or some sort of formulated stuff for fretboards. So should I just use lemoil or should I use some of that other ****(like this) ?

Im also changing the strings, so could someone recommend me some nice strings? Im going to be putting .45 gauge on my bass if that matters. I might get Roto's but ive heard they are very bright and im not sure sure I will like them. Opinions?
Last edited by grifff at Jan 26, 2009,
Lemon oil is fine for Rosewood.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
They use lemon oil, but I don't think lemon oil is the only thing in them. They're much easier, too. You just wipe it on and let it evaporate.

The string cleaner is something entirely different, I think.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 26, 2009,
i use mineral oil ("Fret-EZ") on my rosewood fretboard. a humidifier is designed for acoustic guitars. i keep a couple of silicon packs in my case, they actually came with the case when i bought it. it keeps the inside of the case dry. i think a humidifier would promote rust on the hardware.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i use mineral oil ("Fret-EZ") on my rosewood fretboard. a humidifier is designed for acoustic guitars. i keep a couple of silicon packs in my case, they actually came with the case when i bought it. it keeps the inside of the case dry. i think a humidifier would promote rust on the hardware.

Good point. I keep those silicon packs in my case too. I enjoy getting new things with them in there so I can replace the ones in my bass case