OK, so the number of watts in an amp tells you how powerfully it amplifies your signal, right? But what does the wattage of a speaker cabinet mean?
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
So its safe to use like a 400w amp with a 400w cab and turn it all the way up?
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
is it safe to have 4, 30 watt speakers or 4 25 watt speakers with a head that puts out 100 watts? current speakers are 120 each.
Quote by Ahlers
So its safe to use like a 400w amp with a 400w cab and turn it all the way up?

Its a perfect match, but you'll never want to turn any amp all the way up. This is what causes clipping. Just because the cab can handle that wattage doesnt mean you should crank your head to 11. It'll end up frying the head or the speakers.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Quote by Themilkmaker
is it safe to have 4, 30 watt speakers or 4 25 watt speakers with a head that puts out 100 watts? current speakers are 120 each.

If you add all of the speaker wattages together, you get the total wattage handling of the cabinet. So 4 25 watt speakers means that the cab can handle 100 watts.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
yes. SS amps should never be turned up all the way. as was mentioned it results in clipping and this turns into some crazy math. some 100 watt amps have been found to put out 400 watt burst during clipping. it's just a burst but it can keep 200 or so during constant clipping which can cause overheating and other problems in the amp head and also overheating in the speaker which ends in melted voice coils. This is information i've gathered. Mostly from talkbass.com. Tube amps have soft clipping instead of hard clipping like SS amps. Thus they don't have such extremes but do put out more than they are rated for. usually tube amps can handle the punishment in the head but not always. and of course cabinets aren't always able to handle this punishment either.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu