Hey Electric Guitar peoples.

My Washburn X40 Pro is a wonderful guitar, but I have on problem with it that's killing me.

It wont stay in tune beyond the 12th fret.

Seeing as how it has a Floyd Rose, I'm not entirely sure how to set the intonation on it, as my local guitar shop wouldnt do it without me paying upwards of 40 bucks.

Is there a way for me to fix it at a low cost?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Well you could try to do it yourself but since it sounds like you don't know how it'd probably be best to have the shop do it. See if you can observe them doing it and learn how.

Otherwise, it's the little screws in front of the saddles holding them down. Loosen it, move it, then check that the 12th fret matches the open note and harmonic.
Reset the intonation is the only way. Get a friend who's good with guitars to teach you how to do it.

Or pay the fee and ask what to do while he does it.
Well, I can set the intonation on a regular guitar, it's the fact that I cant get to the little screw, or have a wrench small enough =/

Is there some kind of special tool I need?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Is there some kind of special tool I need?

An allan key.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
An allan key.

Well damn...blonde moment.

Um, size?

And how the hell do I fit an allen wrench in there

Do I check the note, loosen the string, go in there with the wrench and adjust, and then tighten it back up and check again?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Yeah,

you need a small allen key. Buy a set of allen keys and you should be covered. there are other screws on the Washburn x40 pro that use allen keys. The truss rod for one.

My X40 pro stays in tune forever so yeah set your intonation and see if that works.