I'm gonna start my first build pretty soon and I just need a few questions answered before I start.

firstly its a strat with a humbucker and 2 single coils and a hardtail.

I want the truss rod hole on the headstock, will the angled headstock make any difference compared to a straight one or is it just for looks?

also is warmoth any good and do they ship to england?

thanks.
Good for you, it's a great place for a truss rod hole.

Not much. It affects the way the strings break over the nut, without an angle you need string trees to maintain proper tension on the strings.

Warmoth has very high quality parts, but are incredibly expensive. Some might say overpriced. Yes they ship to England, but you won't like how much it costs.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Øttər
You aren't building anything, you're putting things together.

With that said,

Good for you, it's a great place for a truss rod hole.

Not much. It affects the way the strings break over the nut, without an angle you need string trees to maintain proper tension on the strings.

Warmoth has very high quality parts, but are incredibly expensive. Some might say overpriced. Yes they ship to England, but you won't like how much it costs.

I'm building the body from scratch.
I'm gonna it all pretty much from warmoth except the pickups and machine heads.
i wouldn't get my bridge from warmoth. check the rest of the internet/ebay. warmoth you're gonna pay out the ass. i'm glad you're building your body, when i look at warmoth's bodies i just get angry.
The guy in my sig, LP Addict, will probably cost you a lot less.

He's cheaper than warmoth for wood for sure, and he gets UGers a discount on stuff from www.allparts.com , which has everything else you need for a guitar.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by EclipseNine
i wouldn't get my bridge from warmoth. check the rest of the internet/ebay. warmoth you're gonna pay out the ass. i'm glad you're building your body, when i look at warmoth's bodies i just get angry.

why not the bridge?
explain angry?
Quote by Øttər

He's cheaper than warmoth for wood for sure, and he gets UGers a discount on stuff from www.allparts.com , which has everything else you need for a guitar.

how much of a discount?
and can I trust him?
The discount depends, send him a PM.

And yeah you can trust him. Like 10 people, myself included have got stuff for our builds through him. He's a good guy.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
so its best just to get the body wood and neck from warmoth?

*edit* also should i look at the carvin site?
Last edited by tom708 at Jan 26, 2009,

Get everything from him.

Then again, you're in the UK so I don't really know.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Dont buy body blanks from overseas, you will pay rediculous postage and the pound is to $hit to warrant it.

Get your wood from here, still expensive, but its the best I can think of in England (unless you have a lumber yard near by that sells dry wood).

http://www.luthierssupplies.co.uk/

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Dont buy body blanks from overseas, you will pay rediculous postage and the pound is to $hit to warrant it.

Get your wood from here, still expensive, but its the best I can think of in England (unless you have a lumber yard near by that sells dry wood).

http://www.luthierssupplies.co.uk/

that site does look alot cheaper and its in england so the postage will be less.

just been flicking through your RG build thread to get ideas on what sort of stuff il need. the guitars looking wicked too.