So, I recently was able to start my home studio, and I'm quite excited. However, I have been wondering how my keyboardist can record his keyboard with the MIDI bank he uses on his keyboard.

Say, for example, I wanted to use setting 226 (A random number) which had the sample "Noisy Sawtooth" attached to it. How could I have him record his parts using that setting?
You'd have to swallow any advantage that using midi affords and record it as audio.

Your only other option is to record the midi data and poke about with what ever other synths/samplers you have and try to find or dial in a sound that you can at least live with... or if you're lucky, one that you'll like better.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Alright man, thanks. I asked a teacher at my school about this, and she said that if I just had the headphone jack output to an interface, and into the computer, it would work just as well. It sounds like it would work to me, but I can't test it right now, so if anyone could comment on this method, I'd appreciate it.
yep that will work. For audio. and its not going to be great quality more than likely.
to do midi your going to have a midi to usb interface.
Recording the audio output of your keyboard will sound fine. Better to use the regular outputs, though, as opposed to the headphone jack,and record them out in stereo. Why wouldn't they sound good? That's their purpose!

In fact, to use all those vintage synth sounds, for a person who has a vintage synth... it's the *only* way to do it.

The only thing is that you lose, at that point, any advantage that you would otherwise have by working with midi, because you're not working with midi anymore.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Personally, with me, I'd be bouncing it to audio eventually anyway so that I could use audio effects.
There is poetry in despair.