Hey. I decied to try in mod my old crybaby that I never use anymore. I wanted to switch out the 1.5k resitor for a 2.2 and the 33k resistor for a 47. It seem easy enough to do for my first mod. everything seem to go fine expect when I went to test the wah. when I turn it on I don;t get any sound but if I hit my string really hard I'll get a distorted noise. I would really appraciate any help I can get. Anther thing, the new resistors that I got are smaller then the original one, I just went to radio shack and asked for the resistors and the guy gave me this value pack. I made sure to pick out the right ones tho. I don;t know if that would make a difference or not.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by sheldonpardy at Jan 26, 2009,
anyone?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
First of all, don't bump your threads in less than an hour, secondly, we have an ultimate wah modding thread. Use the searchbar to find it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Its pretty critical to put the right resisters in yes. And it is possible to not solder things correct. I know on my crybaby they had screwed up the traces where one of the resisters was at the factory. So I had to do a little work to get things right.
The physical size of the resistors indicates their wattage or power rating, if I'm not mistaken, but you need the correct resistance values for it to function.

And, go ask in the ultimate wah thread.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
thanks.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele